London protest arrests?

ChristopherM

How do police choose who to arrest while leaving other protesters alone? I saw one video of a guy being arrested while they just ignored the guy with a megaphone standing right beside them

• Confused 1
Father Jack

I'm no longer in the job, something I give thanks for on a daily basis. If I were, I would be arresting those who failed the "attitude test" by the greatest margin. Although from what I've seen of the latest protests in London, this would seem to be almost everyone, in equal measure. 🤦

• Like 1
BlueBob
1 hour ago, Father Jack said:

I'm no longer in the job, something I give thanks for on a daily basis. If I were, I would be arresting those who failed the "attitude test" by the greatest margin. Although from what I've seen of the latest protests in London, this would seem to be almost everyone, in equal measure. 🤦

In the nicest way, if that is the arrest  reasoning perhaps for the public and more importantly policing is not such a loss!

You can't get them all, so you work out who you can get, when you can or need to get them. 

Who is the greatest or least risk, depending on what you are on. Can it be bumped to later so that they will be alone, with a less hostile crowd etc. 

Father Jack
31 minutes ago, BlueBob said:

In the nicest way, if that is the arrest  reasoning perhaps for the public and more importantly policing is not such a loss!

Really? So you've got multiple counts of the same offences, necessities for arrest all day long etc. I can't realistically arrest every single protester at the scene. Who passes the attitude test and who doesn't is definitely going to be a factor as to who I would or would not arrest, on the day. 

BlueBob
18 hours ago, Father Jack said:

Really? So you've got multiple counts of the same offences, necessities for arrest all day long etc. I can't realistically arrest every single protester at the scene. Who passes the attitude test and who doesn't is definitely going to be a factor as to who I would or would not arrest, on the day. 

That is a significantly different reply to the earlier brief on why arrest one over another!

Zulu 22
6 hours ago, BlueBob said:

That is a significantly different reply to the earlier brief on why arrest one over another!

I think we all know what he means. We cannot arrest everyone but there are some people whose behaviour moves them up the list. If the circumstances are right and favourable then they will be arrested.

I made a comment of memories of the Miners Strike. I have removed that comment after a circulation from NARPO regarding details of the Miners strike being sought by people "Trolling" sites regarding that subject matter. As Wills20 has already quoted my comments I can only ask him to delete likewise.  Thank you Wilts for complying with my request.👍

Edited by Zulu 22
Father Jack
4 hours ago, BlueBob said:

OK, perhaps I could have set the scene better. However, do you seriously imagine that I would unlawfully arrest someone without cause or necessity, and expose myself to a PSD or even IPCC 💩 show of epic proportions, likely resulting in my own subsequent arrest and conviction?

Sceptre

I think the issue is failing the attitude test, which is a bit of a tainted phrase these days. We know what it means, but we know what it could mean too. 

• Like 1