Tears for Tiers

Chief Cheetah

So with the country now in different tiers with different restrictions how's it going for you?

No need to say which tier you are in if you don't want to but how is it affecting you and what you do?

I'm wondering mainly how the different restrictions around the country are affecting every day life. I am personally in a tier 3 area but I must say it hasn't changed much for me over the last 9 months.

I don't go out much at all as I can work from home and I have my shopping delivered.  It worries me a bit about what is going to happen at Christmas but that is weeks away yets so things may change.

I'm very sad that I can't go out with friends and colleagues but needs must in these crazy times.

So how is is going for you?

• Like 1
2wheelsgood

Tier 2 - actually restrictions were eased locally when the three tiers were introduced. In my village there have been a few cases but in the area as a whole there have been a lot. The only issue is people being dumb - a local large university (different area) is split between two LA areas and they regularly had 'covid parties' until the university introduced fines that had to be paid PDQ or they get asked to leave - strangely a real penalty got compliance. 

Only real issue for me is that my elderly neighbours (3 doors away) will to open their door for anyone and I get so many deliveries for them that have to be signed for. I sign, and take them around, ring bell and leave there, then knock on front window so they know no-one is at the door waiting to infect them....

• Like 1
Wilts20

Fortunately, I am in England, in a medium (Tier 1) area, so the lowest. However, infections are in my town (pop. 17,000 approx.) and both of the large schools and Army barracks have had it. I still work (in person) but actually stopped my previously voluntary role in Feb anyway, so now I rarely leave town and if I do, it's only to see close family about an hour away.  

Locally it all seems fairly normal, the police have launched a county-wide operation (with PCSOs only) to target pandemic-related offences, but the FPNs awarded etc remain low. 

Tricky times, never thought I'd have to think quite carefully about going for a curry as I do now...

SimonT

My life is basically the same as before, I go into work, walk a lot, see family at a distance (lol) 

Work are certainly getting very twitchy about it now, as whole sections are having to isolate and we are on such a short staff budget it's a mini disaster. But it's the same disaster we have been running for years. 

My family are safe, I have a job. I'm better off than many, so I try not to grumble. (I constantly grumble, without end) 

Chief Cheetah

Well it looks like it's going to get a whole lot more painful when we have this briefing at 4pm 5pm 6pm ?pm