Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PCNewbie

Hello everyone. I am a probie and just trying to get more confidence with roadside breath tests. 

It doesn't sound very natural when I give the legal jargon, please can someone jot down the words they use for me please? Thanks in adavnce  

IrateShrike
On 06/08/2020 at 16:31, PCNewbie said:

Hello everyone. I am a probie and just trying to get more confidence with roadside breath tests. 

It doesn't sound very natural when I give the legal jargon, please can someone jot down the words they use for me please? Thanks in adavnce  

Don't worry about a set speech.  If you are doing a breath test, make sure the roadside machine is in your hand if possible when talking to them.  Allow the subject to see you take the tube out of the sealed wrapper without you actually placing your bare skin on it.  Tell them that you require them to provide a breath specimen and why (suspicion, RTC or moving traffic offence).  Tell them that if they don't cooperate with the test they may be arrested.  Ask them if they've recently smoked, eaten or consumed alcohol (there are different times to wait dependent on the device but even if you get it wrong it won't effect the investigation).  Tell them to blow steadily not fast.  That's about it really.