Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LJM94

My fiancée is soon to join

LJM94

Good morning all,

I'm not in the police force but my fiancée is starting her training soon, i hope i am ok to make a quick post.

She is quite worried about the boots she is expected to wear during her training as there wasn't much direction on what is required. I spent nearly 8 years in the Royal Engineers so I know the importance of good, comfy boots!

I was thinking of a pair of Alt Berg sneakers/defenders but she seems to think that they won't be allowed in the police force? I know Alt Berg are very practical and good quality. Are there any style/make of boots that the new recruits usually arrive to training in?

She is worried Alt Bergs dont look the greatest (I personally thing they look very professional) 

Any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks!

Luke.

skydiver

Alt Bergs have a great reputation but personally I prefer Lowas.    Its worth paying more for a decent pair as she will spend a lot of time in them in all weathers.  I'd imagine that her fellow students will turn up in all sorts of different boots so she shouldn't worry about buying a particular brand just to fit in.

Hoofing

I have Altberg Peacekeeper P1s and they are brilliant. They’re extremely comfortable and durable. They’ve been in the sea over 3 times and have lasted many years of bartering. 

They’re very professional looking and a lot of cops have Altberg, or as Skydiver also suggested; Lowas.

Klaus

If she’s a normal officer, and not working massively rurally, then my recommendation will always always be Altberg Peacekeeper P1.

And I own or have owned almost every option there is. Altberg Peacekeeper, Altberg Sneeker, Lowa Combat, various Bates, various Magnums, Haix GSG9, Salomon Quest, Dr Martens, Meindl, and so on.. 

LJM94
Author of the topic Posted

Thanks alot guys.. shes settled with the Altberg sneakers! 

Klaus
On 29/06/2020 at 20:57, LJM94 said:

Thanks alot guys.. shes settled with the Altberg sneakers! 

There’s a female specific version of the sneaker too, so make sure she opts for that one. The footbed is better moulded for the female foot/arch.