Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Recommended Posts

Roblloydy86

Hi,

is anyone able to give abit of advice on which boots you all normally buy? I have asked recruitment but they haven't give me much information, only that they need to be able to be polished.
 

thanks

 

Rob  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dirty harry

    4

  • Beaker

    3

  • Roblloydy86

    2

  • XA84

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They take a bit of breaking in, but yeah.  I do wear some proper shaped insoles though.  The standard ones are cack.  I have a duty pair for when I'm doing Specials work, and they issued me a sec

XA84

@Roblloydy86 I've moved this topic to our 'tackleberry' area as it's more apt. 

The general standard in Police Boots is Altberg, they are expensive but they are worth every penny. They are simply the most comfortable and most reliable boots I've ever owned. 

https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots/police-boots16

I have the P1 Aqua's and they are absolutely brilliant. 

You'll have to go far and wide before you hear somebody say something either bad about them or not recommend them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roblloydy86

Thank you very much. I will take your advice 

 

Rob

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirty harry
3 hours ago, XA84 said:

@Roblloydy86 I've moved this topic to our 'tackleberry' area as it's more apt. 

The general standard in Police Boots is Altberg, they are expensive but they are worth every penny. They are simply the most comfortable and most reliable boots I've ever owned. 

https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots/police-boots16

I have the P1 Aqua's and they are absolutely brilliant. 

You've have to go far and wide before you hear somebody say something either bad about them or not recommend them. 

Are they steel toe caps? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
XA84
58 minutes ago, Dirty harry said:

Are they steel toe caps? 

No although you can buy them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Beaker
1 hour ago, Dirty harry said:

Are they steel toe caps? 

They're the P1S that they issue us in lancs.  They're pretty good for the most part, but doing foot chases in them is hard work!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeebs

The new sole units on Altbergs are miserable. Very inflexible and quite heavy, to the point that I have moved away from them in favour of AKU Pilgrims.

I would only consider Altberg boots now that have the old fashioned rand and vibram sole configuration, the Warrior or field and fell microlites.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ether
8 hours ago, Jeebs said:

The new sole units on Altbergs are miserable. Very inflexible and quite heavy, to the point that I have moved away from them in favour of AKU Pilgrims.

I would only consider Altberg boots now that have the old fashioned rand and vibram sole configuration, the Warrior or field and fell microlites.

AKUs literally the most comfortable boots ever. Worn them around the world and would pick them every day

Link to post
Share on other sites
Klaus
On 08/06/2020 at 19:39, Dirty harry said:

Are they steel toe caps? 

You don’t want steel toe caps, and thankfully the majority of Altberg models are not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirty harry
6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

You don’t want steel toe caps, and thankfully the majority of Altberg models are not.

I'm not police, but wear safety shoes for work.  The uniform and shoes we get is cheap.  I prefer buying my own boots so I know I'm getting something fit for purpose! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Beaker
11 minutes ago, Klaus said:

You don’t want steel toe caps, and thankfully the majority of Altberg models are not.

They're our standard issue.  They're a pain to run in, but they're useful at times!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirty harry
1 minute ago, Beaker said:

They're our standard issue.  They're a pain to run in, but they're useful at times!

Are the toecaps comfortable? I'm wearing Caterpillar Hilton boots just now and  you wouldn't know the were steel toe caps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Beaker
Just now, Dirty harry said:

Are the toecaps comfortable? I'm wearing Caterpillar Hilton boots just now and  you wouldn't know the were steel toe caps. 

They take a bit of breaking in, but yeah.  I do wear some proper shaped insoles though.  The standard ones are cack. 

I have a duty pair for when I'm doing Specials work, and they issued me a second pair for when I'm in my day job.  The specials ones have had some serious wear, and they fit like slippers now.  They're heavy and as said running is pain, but when one of my dopey SCs ran over my feet all I had to worry about was polishing them back up (and forcing him to buy cakes). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dirty harry
7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

They take a bit of breaking in, but yeah.  I do wear some proper shaped insoles though.  The standard ones are cack. 

I have a duty pair for when I'm doing Specials work, and they issued me a second pair for when I'm in my day job.  The specials ones have had some serious wear, and they fit like slippers now.  They're heavy and as said running is pain, but when one of my dopey SCs ran over my feet all I had to worry about was polishing them back up (and forcing him to buy cakes). 

Within a week I had my boots broke in and had forgot I was wearing steel toe caps and I spend a lot of time on my feet.  I felt like I had razor blades in my boots with the pair I got from work.  Altbergs might be my next purchase.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Klaus
1 hour ago, Dirty harry said:

Within a week I had my boots broke in and had forgot I was wearing steel toe caps and I spend a lot of time on my feet.  I felt like I had razor blades in my boots with the pair I got from work.  Altbergs might be my next purchase.  

If you need protective boots, then consider the Altberg Peacekeeper P3VS. They’ll probably be the most comfortable you can get.

But if you don’t need protective boots, I’d definitely get the normal version instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now