Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roland Watt

Watches

Roland Watt

What watches do you guys wear on patrol and do you wear any charity wristbands as well ?

XA84

91JegIxgwML._AC_UY606_.jpg

She has served me well. 

You don't need anything more than this, anything more and you are running the serious risk of damaging it. I just go for the F-91w everytime as they are cheap. 

When I was a special, I used to have my help the hero wristband on. Although it depends on how strict your management are as to whether you'll be able to keep the wristband on, I was told on a couple of occasions that it was not police attire. 

Richhamdo
6 hours ago, XA84 said:

91JegIxgwML._AC_UY606_.jpg

She has served me well. 

You don't need anything more than this, anything more and you are running the serious risk of damaging it. I just go for the F-91w everytime as they are cheap. 

When I was a special, I used to have my help the hero wristband on. Although it depends on how strict your management are as to whether you'll be able to keep the wristband on, I was told on a couple of occasions that it was not police attire. 

@XA84   Thats a nice watch, it looks the business. I am retired now but I must say that when i was a special i always used for night duty an old wartime wristwatch  with a black face that  i had. I had to wind it a bit before i went on duty but it kept very good time and it was very easy to read at night , Its pointers were luminous. I did have a digital seiko for daytime duty, parades/ race meetings and the like but as i got older i couldn't read the numbers without putting my glasses on and that was just too much trouble 

@Roland Watt * I have just been having a look on a certain internet site which sells just about everything, mainly to see what i would choose now if i was called to help again, [very unlikely] I saw one that i would like to try out for a few friday/saturday night public order shifts.   It was only seventy nine pence which seemed a bit strange, maybe they made a mistake. It was a Hooudo xinen calendar. It was described as having a “fashionable design, very charming for all occasions” so difficult to  beat that, 😀

How it would stand up to being  bashed on the pavement whilst rolling around on the ground with brawling/drunken hooligans i wouldn't care to say. Its all quite difficult to quantify but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Rich.

Ps, i would send you a photo of it but have forgotten how to. 

Shmook

I work in construction and wear a g shock. Had one for years and couldn't kill it on building sites, so wore it when I was playing at being a copper too. 

Highly recommended, and it only died recently (after about 9 years) as when I changed the battery and cleaned it I must have nicked a seal and it got water in.

I bought another immediately. Brilliant watches, many styles and budgets too. They also go cheap second hand on eBay if you don't want to spend a lot.

Casio also so non g shock models which are ridiculously durable too and can be had for almost pennies. The 'tough solar' range springs to mind.

Failing that, I know a few who have had the f91w above and it's bombproof too.

Edited by Shmook

Beaker

I have one of these, mostly because my wife misunderstood when I said I was going to pick up a G-Shock.

Casio-GA-100-1A4JF-5081.jpg

Father Jack

Also swear by G Shock, GD400MB in my case. Not the cheapest, but absolutely rock solid. Bought in training, saw me through my service and still going strong. 

download.jpeg

MajorDisaster

Had one in the Army - no idea where it went but I wear one on duty now.  Totally bomb proof 

gshock.jpg