Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Bakes

BBC: Tommy Robinson guilty over Facebook broadcast

Chief Bakes
  • 5 July 2019
Breaking News image

Ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson has been found in contempt of court for his Facebook Live broadcast of defendants in a criminal trial.

High Court judges ruled his conduct "amounted to a serious interference with the administration of justice".

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

You can receive Breaking News on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

View the full article

Member Achievements

Beaker

Nice

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

Let us hope that he gets a sentence which sends a firm message that his ideology is not acceptable.

Member Achievements

skydiver
2 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

Let us hope that he gets a sentence which sends a firm message that his ideology is not acceptable.

Not just his ideology but his casual attitude to the law.  Reporting restrictions are important especially when multiple trials are involved and surely even an idiot like Yaxley Lennon must have had some idea why there was a restriction in place at the time.  Instead he has milked the issue and tried to imply that he is a victim of the system.

Member Achievements

Beaker
4 minutes ago, skydiver said:

Instead he has milked the issue and tried to imply that he is a victim of the system.

The problem here is that there a lot of people who actually believe that is the reason he is being punished.  Not that he risked the conviction of multiple sex offenders and ignored the instructions of judges.  They treat him like he's a victim. 

Member Achievements

skydiver
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

The problem here is that there a lot of people who actually believe that is the reason he is being punished.  Not that he risked the conviction of multiple sex offenders and ignored the instructions of judges.  They treat him like he's a victim. 

I've got an old friend who holds that opinion and no matter what I say to him he insists that Robinson was hard done by.  I wonder what his supporters would be saying if the trial had been canned because of his 'reporting' because that was one of the risks he ran.  

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

Even his Red London bus got a parking ticket. Nice one to the warden. Sad that it did not get towed and impounded.

He is just a form of re-incarnation of the National Front whose odious Nick Griffin did not fair well at all. Sadly he attracts supporters from the knuckle draggers which, perhaps says it all about him. 

Member Achievements

Beaker
1 hour ago, skydiver said:

I've got an old friend who holds that opinion and no matter what I say to him he insists that Robinson was hard done by.  I wonder what his supporters would be saying if the trial had been canned because of his 'reporting' because that was one of the risks he ran.  

I asked this question.  Aparrently Waxy-Lemon and his friends could 'sort it' without bothering the police.  He didn't even for a moment consider that a murder charge would be incoming.

Member Achievements

Fedster

Beaker

He knows that if he is locked up for a year most of his supporters will forget he exists.  Back to yelling at people from street corners with a hat to collect some coin before heading down to The Wethers afterwards with all the other day drinkers.

Member Achievements

skydiver
6 hours ago, Beaker said:

He knows that if he is locked up for a year most of his supporters will forget he exists.  Back to yelling at people from street corners with a hat to collect some coin before heading down to The Wethers afterwards with all the other day drinkers.

Sadly I don't think that will be the case as he will become a martyr for their misguided cause.

Member Achievements

Beaker
Just now, skydiver said:

Sadly I don't think that will be the case as he will become a martyr for their misguided cause.

I'm working from how much of his support evaporated when he was banned from Twitter and FB.  He blames that for his massive loss of support and loss of his deposit (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't warm and fuzzy when that happened).  I'd expect a couple of weeks where they're noisy, then a period of quiet.  Look what has happened to BF after they locked up Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Member Achievements

skydiver

Fingers crossed that you're right Beaker.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

Apparently the maximum sentence is one of 2 years. I sincerely hope that he is sentenced to the maximum. His whole ethos thrives on hatred and his claims to be discriminated against because of this criminal behaviour. I believe that he will, like Nick Griffin, fade into obscurity.

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  
There are 8 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators