Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
2143lewis

Assessment centre Help - Police Scotland

2143lewis

Hi all.

Hope you are all well ? 

Apologies if this is the wrong form i couldn't post anywhere else. I am looking for help with the assessment centre for police Scotland. 

I have had my first attempt this week and have unfortunately failed but concerned as to why. My feedback was pretty poor and doesn't really give any guidance or room for improvement.

I failed on "Effective communication"

Interview 

-I was "a few marks short" on meeting one of the competencies which was "personal effectiveness". Overall it was very good.

I know were i went wrong as i used my situation for personal effectiveness to demonstrate good team leadership. I am a team leader in my current job. This left me on the back foot to answer this so know where i went wrong.

Assessment 1 - 30 Minute deadline

"Little to no marks lost. Good overall performance" - I felt this was my weakest.

Assessment 2 - Group discussion

"Lost a few marks for not taking on other team members opinion" - I did shot down a members input but immediately apologized when i realized how abrupt my response was.

Assessment 3 - Tunnels 

"Little to no marks for communication"   - FAIL

This was the task i felt i done really well in and i am really confused to why i got such a poor mark.

Feedback given.

"Told to speak up when reading instructions out to the team" - I was last in and furthest away from the materials at the back of the room. A few members of the team passed the instructions back and forth before i volunteered to read them as i could see the assessors staring. I made sure everyone was in front of me before i started to read. I was immediately interrupted with "We need to hear as well"  I apologized. Cleared my throat and read allowed making sure to make eye contact with the assessors.

"Not loud enough when giving instructions to team members" - After 10 minutes of unsuccessful group discussion it was agreed my example "made the most sense" So would take lead in planning the construction. Team members would approach me and would look over my should to see instructions to which i informed them what to do next following their request. Taking in their input and discussing the plans further. I understand the assessors would really struggle to hear what was said but given the size of the room i would have to shout at an unsociable level to someone standing less than a foot away.

"Said to another member of the team (Jesus that was hard)" - I don't recall saying that but as a team we were very frustrated as we only figured out what to do 10 minutes before the final call and was only 2/4 of the way through. 

This was all the feedback i was given yet my mark was so low it failed the entire day. I can't help but feel cheated as the points mentioned are extremely harsh.  Especially afterwards i was congratulated by the team for rallying them at the end.

I am unsure what to take from this don't know exactly what to change for my next attempt.

Would really appreciate others input. 

Fedster

Recruitment Query Not Permitted On Your Account
This has been posted in the wrong area of the forum. Your account does not have an active membership or a current Recruitment Pass. You must post your topic in the Recruitment Area or Force Specific Areas of our forum

Recruitment Pass

A Recruitment Pass can be purchased for 1 month (£6.95) or 3 months (£11.95) and is renewable. During its active period you will be able to create as many topics and make as many replies as you like in the Force Specific Areas and the Recruitment sections of our forum.

Recruitment_Pass.png

Membership Plans

You can purchase an annual Silver Membership Package for just £19.95 which will give you unrestricted access to the Recruitment Sections and to all of the Force Specific Areas. We also include access to the exclusive VIP areas. Click HERE to see all of the benefits of a Membership Package. We also have our Gold Membership which gives global Gold Membership across all four of our forums and is a one time lifetime fee and we even throw in a FREE mug. Forums included are www.police.community, www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk, www.policespecials.com and www.policeuk.com

Silver.png Gold.png

This thread has been locked as the original poster has posted this in an area of the forum where it is not permitted and their account does not currently have the required permissions. 

Member Achievements