Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Murtaugh

Recruitment Process - No Final Interview

Murtaugh

Hi everybody,

I am not sure how true this is, I've heard that there are police services within the UK that don't do a final interview.

Does anyone know any services that don't do the final interview after the SEARCH Assessment?

Thank you,

M

Member Achievements

lee123

I would like to know this too

Member Achievements

XA84

All UK based home office forces have to follow the papersift and SEARCH assessment process as this is a requirement however the final interview is at the discretion of the force themselves. 

In terms of the forces that don't have a final interview process I couldn't say as I genuinely don't know. 

Member Achievements

Mazza

Police Scotland is not a HO force therefore doesn’t follow the SEARCH process. They have an exam, initial interview and an assessment centre and that’s it.

Member Achievements

Kieran.

The Met don't have a 'Final Interview'.

There is an interview that happens on Day 1 - the equivalent of SEARCH (the new CoP process that is being trialled). It is conducted by a community assessor, lasts 20 minutes and focuses on 4 competency based questions.

If you pass that, there are no other formal assessments, all that remains is Medical/Fitness/Vetting.

Murtaugh
On 03/06/2019 at 09:18, Kieran. said:

The Met don't have a 'Final Interview'.

There is an interview that happens on Day 1 - the equivalent of SEARCH (the new CoP process that is being trialled). It is conducted by a community assessor, lasts 20 minutes and focuses on 4 competency based questions.

If you pass that, there are no other formal assessments, all that remains is Medical/Fitness/Vetting.

If you have a current SEARCH Assessment Centre pass would that be transferable to the Met?

Member Achievements

XA84
On 07/06/2019 at 20:11, Murtaugh said:

If you have a current SEARCH Assessment Centre pass would that be transferable to the Met?

No as 'The Met' don't partake in SEARCH Assessment centres, they run their own version of it. 

Is there a reason why you are only looking at forces that do not have a final interview stage?

Member Achievements

Jeebs
22 hours ago, XA84 said:

Is there a reason why you are only looking at forces that do not have a final interview stage?

If you’re able to move anywhere in the country and have an assessment centre pass, what’s the point in making it difficult for yourself?

Nobody likes interviews, and if you fail, you have to wait 6 months, by which point your SEARCH pass will probably have expired.

Member Achievements

Murtaugh
On 08/06/2019 at 20:54, XA84 said:

Up until recent I had thought that it was a compulsory part of the recruitment process to have a final interview, and out of curiosity thought I would throw the question out there.

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators