Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Eddzz!!

West Mercia Regular Recruitment 2016

Eddzz!!

Hi guys,

So had recruitment already happened for 2015? I've checked out the recruitment webpage which states "We will be re-opening our next recruitment campaign during 2015".

What's the deal? I'd be interested in putting in an application. I'm a Special over in North Wales waiting for recruitment windows to open and the West Mercia area isn't too far for me to uproot to. That is, unless, they only recruit from their Specials / PCSOs / locals?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Ed

Edited by techie1
updated title
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

SierraAlpha99

They last closed recruitment november 2014 and they are currently work through those applicants (myself included). No idea when they are likely to open recruitment again, I've heard they are changing up the recruitment process (at least for specials) during september, so that could be promising for applications in october/november, but that is pure speculation!

It's also worth noting that the quoted comment was put on the page in december 2014, so if another recruitment campaign runs this year will depend on how many applicants they still have in the system vs how many officers they need, not to mention funding - the recent cuts have got me worried as it is - obviously.

Sorry this hasn't been very helpful, I'll be sure to reply if I hear anything more useful.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Eddzz!!

They last closed recruitment november 2014 and they are currently work through those applicants (myself included). No idea when they are likely to open recruitment again, I've heard they are changing up the recruitment process (at least for specials) during september, so that could be promising for applications in october/november, but that is pure speculation!

It's also worth noting that the quoted comment was put on the page in december 2014, so if another recruitment campaign runs this year will depend on how many applicants they still have in the system vs how many officers they need, not to mention funding - the recent cuts have got me worried as it is - obviously.

Sorry this hasn't been very helpful, I'll be sure to reply if I hear anything more useful.

Thanks for the info @SierraAlpha99. If they're still working through last years' applicants then I guess it's unlikely for recruitment to open again, despite what the website says! Me thinks I'm trying to get into this job at the wrong time...

Member Achievements

mike88

Hi all

I appreciate each one is different, but how long approx. are people going between medical and having vetting completed? Thanks 

I was deferred at the medical on 15th June, my vetting and references were cleared by the start of August. I'd ring HR regularly to check, they were very helpful.

Edited by mike88

Member Achievements

RustyRecruit

I've heard they are meant to be reopening recruitment in December but this might just be rumour mill. 

The force I'm currently in as a PCSO have stated that their funding for the next 5 years will be given in November/December time, however, being a torry government they are expecting funding to be worse as they are hitting home office funding. 

Member Achievements

Techie1

The website has been updated from "early 2016" to just "2016"... 

Edited by techie1
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

Never a good sign :D 

Member Achievements

SierraAlpha99

I'm seeing it as a good sign for those of us already in the system. Sounds like they will make use of us before getting more applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Achievements

SammyB

No doubt it will change to 'early 2017', so on and so forth. It sounds like the beginning of the end!

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

I'm seeing it as a good sign for those of us already in the system. Sounds like they will make use of us before getting more applicants.

Valid point as there are still quite a few going through the process by the sounds of things.

Member Achievements

SierraAlpha99

Has anybody heard anything further regarding 2016 intakes (or for the sake of others reopening recruitment)?

My last contact with HR was "we have no information regarding 2016 intakes". I imagine that's going to be the party line till weds, but any info from the rumour mill would be useful

I've just been offered a job starting in jan. obviously I wouldn't turn it down unless I had an actual offer from HR. But curious as to if I'm gonna start and immediately give notice.

Member Achievements

Humbug

Passed vetting in August and everything else signed off. Received an email yesterday which stated:

"You have been placed onto the waiting list for future recruitment intakes, currently we have no dates scheduled during 2016.

We are considering offering development opportunities for prospective Student Police Officers, to enable applicants to obtain practical skills and an insight into the role of a Police Officer with Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police."

st4783

I'm now in the same position. In the waiting list for places in 2016. Is there any news on training dates for 2016. 

Member Achievements

SierraAlpha99

No news that I've heard. It's also gone a bit quiet regarding the email quoted above. No details forthcoming there either. I'm expecting to hear in the new year what is expected to happen. The force should hear on or around the 18th the exact financial situation, then they'll have to sort it out their end.

Member Achievements

Paid Membership Required

There are 551 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David