Current Salary, Allowances, Pension & Overtime

PC Singh

Hi all,

I have been a spectator of the forum for quite some time (included the other forum when it was up and running) and I now have a few questions related to the current salary, allowances and pension.  

I am towards the end of my training as a Special Constable for The Met but I have also submitted my application for the Regulars and have an interview date confirmed, hence the question about pay.

The advertised salary states it is £30k circa for a Regular in The Met however, I have noticed that the allowances have changed around a little

I live in London, so I am eligible for both London weighting which is £2,379 and London allowance which is £1,011. These figures were taken from the Met Friendly website as The Met's own website does not give a breakdown. I recall that the London weighting and allowance was around £6k before. I am also aware that the travel Oyster is included with the allowances. 

https://www.metfriendly.org.uk/services/police-finance-information/police-pay/

The starting salary (after the initial training has been completed) is £27,285 + £2,379 and the London allowance of £1,011, totalling £30,675

Does anyone that has recently started (with the past year or so), know the actual monthly/annual salary and how the allowances are calculated including the pension deduction?

Also, how is the overtime calculated when you go over, at the end of your shift and working on rest days?

I would appreciate your help and answers. I do apologise if I missed this information which may be in others posts. All I could find were posts that were from a while ago and not related to the current figures.

Thank you.

S

Good luck with you application.  I can't answer you MPS pay query but OT is calculated a  time and 1/3 on you basic salary i.e. the no weighted pay with the first 1/2 hour being free for the Queen. I think o/t going into a rest day is now paid at 1 1/3 as well.  The pay for scheduled RD working depends on how much notice you get of the RD working.

7 minutes ago, skydiver said:

Good luck with you application.  I can't answer you MPS pay query but OT is calculated a  time and 1/3 on you basic salary i.e. the no weighted pay with the first 1/2 hour being free for the Queen. I think o/t going into a rest day is now paid at 1 1/3 as well.  The pay for scheduled RD working depends on how much notice you get of the RD working.

Thank you for your reply and an insight to the ovetime. 

All information is valuable.

Much appreciated. 

S