Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
Gurses

Vetting, parents

Gurses

Hi,

I’ve passed both stage 1 and 2 so I’m only waiting for my vetting now. How much influence does your parents have in terms of my vetting? All of my family have crisp clean records as far as I’m aware however my mum had a few financial problems over 9 years ago which resulted in a CCJ/closure of accounts. 

Will this result in me failing my vetting? I do live with my parents however we aren’t connected financially, no guarantors, joint accounts or anything as such.

I’m really stressing as it’s been my dream to become an officer. Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences about my parents financial issues?

Thanks!   

Tempo

I cant see it being too much of an issue...just ensure that you are transparent in your vetting and you should be fine! 

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut

Vetting is about honesty, not financial issues with parents.  

You will more than likely be fine, so long as you declare what you know. 

Member Achievements

Gurses
38 minutes ago, Tempo said:

I cant see it being too much of an issue...just ensure that you are transparent in your vetting and you should be fine! 

There’s nothing on the vetting forms that I can use to state my parents financial situation. How can I make them aware?

My father also has some defaults recently also. 

Thanks

Gurses
1 minute ago, Funkywingnut said:

Vetting is about honesty, not financial issues with parents.  

You will more than likely be fine, so long as you declare what you know. 

Please see reply above :)

Tempo
6 minutes ago, Gurses said:

There’s nothing on the vetting forms that I can use to state my parents financial situation. How can I make them aware?

My father also has some defaults recently also. 

Thanks

Write what you can on the forms, if I recall correctly it requires you to give their personal information I.E: DOB, place of birth etc... perhaps give the HR team or whoever deals with the applications a call or email and explain what you have put here and make them aware, there will be no harm with doing this. 

Member Achievements

XA84

As others have said I wouldn't worry too much in terms of your parents. The primary concern for the force is you and how you are with money as it shows honesty and trust towards the force. 

With regards to your parents they will have a background check however they will be put under the spotlight as much you. 

Just be completely honest with your application and answers and you'll be fine I'm sure. 

Best of luck with the remainder of your application! 

Member Achievements

Gurses
2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Write what you can on the forms, if I recall correctly it requires you to give their personal information I.E: DOB, place of birth etc... perhaps give the HR team or whoever deals with the applications a call or email and explain what you have put here and make them aware, there will be no harm with doing this. 

Thanks for the replies. 

As there’s no “further info” part on the Vetting, should I email them my parents situation or will that not be necessary?

Gurses
1 hour ago, XA84 said:

As others have said I wouldn't worry too much in terms of your parents. The primary concern for the force is you and how you are with money as it shows honesty and trust towards the force. 

With regards to your parents they will have a background check however they will be put under the spotlight as much you. 

Just be completely honest with your application and answers and you'll be fine I'm sure. 

Best of luck with the remainder of your application! 

As there’s no “further info” part on the Vetting, should I email them my parents situation or will that not be necessary?

Thanks!

XA84
2 minutes ago, Gurses said:

As there’s no “further info” part on the Vetting, should I email them my parents situation or will that not be necessary?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry, if they wanted more information they would supply space for you to enter. 

Without wishing to sound rude when I this, they will either accept you on the details you've given or they won't. That's the downside of vetting. 

Although I'm sure from everything you've mentioned you'll be fine 🙂

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
2 hours ago, Gurses said:

Please see reply above :)

Is it a paper form? 

Member Achievements

Gurses
24 minutes ago, Funkywingnut said:

Is it a paper form? 

No, it was all done online  

Thanks.

Gurses
37 minutes ago, XA84 said:

I wouldn't worry, if they wanted more information they would supply space for you to enter. 

Without wishing to sound rude when I this, they will either accept you on the details you've given or they won't. That's the downside of vetting. 

Although I'm sure from everything you've mentioned you'll be fine 🙂

That’s a fair point. Hopefully it’s all fine. Thanks for your help mate. 

• Like 1

Funkywingnut
54 minutes ago, Gurses said:

No, it was all done online  

Thanks.

Last time I did a vetting form, there was an ‘Any extra info’ box, and that was a couple of months ago. 

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David