Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
XA84

Failed Medical Process

XA84

Morning all,

I'm just wondering what the standardised process is should somebody fail their police officer medical stage. I realise that this will be force specific, each case is on it's own merit and it's best to contact HR however I'm curious to hear what the normal actions are should somebody fail. 

I imagine that one would just be told that they can reapply in 6 months providing it is not a life long issue that would prevent you from becoming an officer or you would be placed on a back fill list?

Before you ask I'm just curious of the process and haven't been failed at medical 😅

Any advice welcome! 

XA84

Member Achievements

Beaker

Up here they give you 6 weeks to come back. I had to for my SC medical, and a friend had the same for her PC medical.

Both of those were for being slightly over the rubbish BMI thing. For other stuff they refer it off to a doctor if required.

• Thanks 1

Member Achievements

LosingGrip

Does anyone have any ideas on what is likely to happen with me.

2015 I was off work for two weeks with torn ligaments in my lower back.  Given painkillers and told to do some stretches and it will get better.  It did.  

2018 I was in a car crash.  Off for another two weeks with a head injury and bruised/cracked ribs.  Fully recovered from this now.  No lasting damage.  I'm not worried about this.  I had to do a medical for the claim a month or so after and thats all fine.  

I'm currently off work with another bad back...currently two weeks, but think the DR will sign me off for another week.  I'm a delivery driver and was being lazy by taking 100kg of shopping up to a first floor flat in two trips rather than three/four...

Passed my final interview last week and the intakes are looking like July or September.  No idea when my medical will be, but a little worried due to the time off (the 2015 I don't need to put down as sickness on the form as they only ask for the last three years (I have had to put it down in another part though).  

Member Achievements

XA84

I dare say you'll be fine. Once you've had the initial medical you are sent to speak with the force doctor should there be anything that they have concern with. 

Member Achievements

scary100

Just be prepared for any request for access to medical records so they can examine the information further. I know a couple of people that this has happened too when they placed info on previous injuries/illness and sickness record from previous employment. .

LosingGrip
7 minutes ago, scary100 said:

Just be prepared for any request for access to medical records so they can examine the information further. I know a couple of people that this has happened too when they placed info on previous injuries/illness and sickness record from previous employment. .

Thanks both.  Yeah I've already signed something to say to that effect.  

Member Achievements

LosingGrip

Medical forms back from the GP and they have no concerns over it :)

• Like 3

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators