Rookies Season 1

Sir Penguin

Oh don't get me wrong, I know of a few personalties that would probably do this. They are the same they have put orange amber dash lights on their cars and show their warrant card at every given opportunity. 

I don't even take my warrant card out the station any more! It lives in my locker.  

I'm an SPC and I tend to take my warrant card around with me *just in case*. There have been occasions when I've nipped into the local station to respond to important emails and have been required to show identification. I've only needed to show my warrant card twice when off duty: once when coming across an RTC on my drive home from work (one of the first on scene) and another time when witnessing a violent domestic on the street between two Chinese students (male was assaulting the female). I felt that these were appropriate occasions to show my warrant card and in turn is my justification for carrying it (when I remember to). I only refrain from taking it out if I'm off down the pub / having a night on the town.

I must be lucky. 5 years in and never needed to show a warrant card off duty. I've got involved with 1 incident but just simply said I was police. No need to flash the card. I don't need it to get into the station either as my station is key code and everyone knows me. 

With regards to Nandos discount, I'm not allowed in their anyway as I don't own a 'hype' t-Shirt or wear white Nike trainers with no socks. 

• Like 5

I must be lucky. 5 years in and never needed to show a warrant card off duty. I've got involved with 1 incident but just simply said I was police. No need to flash the card. I don't need it to get into the station either as my station is key code and everyone knows me. 

With regards to Nandos discount, I'm not allowed in their anyway as I don't own a 'hype' t-Shirt or wear white Nike trainers with no socks. 

I wear neither of those things and the staff know me by my first name...

Only badged out once or twice, and only when I thought doing so would make a difference. Have been in a few situations off duty where I thought badging out could make it worse.

• Admin Team

No cheeky Nandos for you :whistle:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 23:28, Collar said:

Is there a link to watch this series online at all?

It's on YouTube but it's not great quality. Watchable though.