Offence definition's. (Need some help)

Samuel Bache

Evening all.

I think I need some help getting on the right track with a few of these.

The general knowledge is there but just need pointing in the right direction.

Common assault:Section 39 criminal justice act 1988.

A reckless or intentional act that causes an individual to apprehend immediate unlawful or personal violence. (Assault or battery). An assault is classified as an assault if the harm done is not long lasting and there are no visible signs of bodily harm.

Battery: Section 39 criminal justice act 1988.

Battery is a reckless or intentional act of physical violence towards another. It can range from a single touch to a serious assault.

Assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH): Offences against a person act 1961.

A reckless or intentional act that causes a person to apprehend immediate personal or physical violence that results in causing actual bodily harm. Assault becomes ABH when there is visible injury or injury with prolonged pain. ABH should not be confused with GBH. ABH leaves no long lasting medical implications.

Racially aggravated assault: Section 31 crime and disorder act 1998.

A form of assault targeted at someones race, religion or perceived ethnicity.

This type of assault it motivated purely by personal identity.

Harassment alarm and distress and fear or provocation of violence also fall into this category if such crimes where racially aggravated.

Theft: Sections 1-7 theft act 1968.

It is an offence to dishonestly appropriate property from another with the intention of permanent depriving the other of it.

Robbery: Section 8 theft act 1968.

Anybody who threatens or uses personal violence at the same time or immediately before in order to appropriate property from another shall be guilty of burglary.

\Burglary: Section 9 theft act 1968.

Anyone who enters a building or part of a building as a trespasser with the intention of appropriating property or part of the building itself shall be guilty of burglary. Also anyone who enters a building as a trespasser and causes criminal damage to any property or inflicts GBH to anyone therein shall also be guilty of burglary.

Taking of a conveyance: Section 12 theft act 1968.

Anyone who takes without permission of the owner or other lawful authority any conveyance shall be guilty of an offence. Likewise it is also an offence to allow yourself to be carried in or on any conveyance that you have knowledge of being taken unlawfully.

Criminal damage: Section 1 criminal damage act 1971.

It is an offence to damage or destroy any property belonging to another intentionally or recklessly without lawful authority.

Harassment alarm and distress (Non intentional: Section 5 public order act 1986.

Anyone who uses threatening behavior, offensive words, language or signs within hearing an sight of someone likely to be caused harassment alarm and distress, shall be guilty of an offence.

Harassment alarm and distress (Intentional): Public order act 4(A).

Anyone who uses threatening behavior, offensive words, language or signs within hearing and sight of someone likely to be caused harassment alarm and distress with the intention of causing that person harassment alarm or distress shall be guilty of an offence. This is more serious than non intentional as there this offence is aggravated.

Disorderly conduct:

Anyone who uses threatening behavior, offensive words or signs within hearing and sight of someone likely to be caused harassment alarm and distress, with the intention of leading that person to believe immediate unlawful and personal violence will be used against them or another, shall be guilty of disorderly conduct.

Breach of the peace: (Covers all public order acts).

Whenever harm is done or likely to be done to an individual or in his presence to his property.

Or whenever a person is in fear of being harmed through assault, affray or other disturbance shall be guilty of breach of the peace.

Drunk and disorderly:

Anyone who when in a public place and under the influence of alcohol behaves in a disorderly manor shall be guilty of an offence.

So as I said. I think the base knowledge is there but I feel I need to refine some of these definitions a little bit more. Any feedback shall be highly appreciated and welcomed.

-Samuel.