When do you hear back from submitting your application form?

Hi all,

I'm new on here.

I have submitted my SC application and the closing date is tomorrow.

Does anyone know how long you normally have to wait to hear whether or not you're successful?

Cheers guys :new_yummy:

Yeahduffman1546081096

Welcome!

D&C for me seemed quick when they dealt with the application stage, and seem to be quick to this day.

The website says; "Successful applicants will be invited to interviews taking place in Exeter and Bodmin over the weekend of Saturday 26 July and Sunday 27 July 2014."

They normally give you at least 2 weeks notice for an interview so it would seem to be around a month or so before they contact you. :)

Thanks a lot Yeahduffman,

That helps.

I was reading a forum post on here previously from a few people that had applied for their last SC push and they received their interview letters 7 days before the interview itself - took about 3 and a weeks to get feedback as of the closing date - hence me being a little worried.

I also read somewhere that if you're not successful - you may not hear anything :new_eyebrow:

~Shaun~

If you don't pass the first bit of the process ( paper sift) I believe you don't hear anything, think how many people are applying, I heard the following day when I applied, was really shocked. But it's all depends how buy and what force it is.

Edited by Shauny

For me it took them 3 month's to let me know I had passed the paper sift, then another month before they told me when the assessment day was, after that it all speeder up a bit. Check out my signature for dates. Btw I applied for greater Manchester Police, what force have you applied for?

Shauny/Popeye,

Thanks guys. So one of you heard the next day and the other heard after 3 months. Looks like there's no real answer to this one then - jsut have to sit tight and keep me fingers crossed.

Devon and Cornwall Police by the way.

Shauny/Popeye,

Thanks guys. So one of you heard the next day and the other heard after 3 months. Looks like there's no real answer to this one then - jsut have to sit tight and keep me fingers crossed.

Yeah just sit tight and check out your email every other day (they contacted me by email). For GMP it is a very long recruitment process, a mate who applied at the same time as me only had his assessment day a couple of weeks back and I have heard that some people the whole process can take about 18 months. So I wouldn't worry, and if it gets to a time where you think they should have contacted you just give recruitment a ring or drop them an email.

Yeahduffman1546081096

Shauny/Popeye,

Could also be worth trying this forum; http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/forum/78-devon-cornwall-police/

there's a few applicants/trainees that post there every so often so could help you with recruitment since they've recently passed it all. :)

But yeh, sit tight and you'll hear before you know it.

~Shaun~

Every few days?? I checked mine everyday every hour I think haha, ( for assesment)

Every few days?? I checked mine everyday every hour I think haha, ( for assesment)

To be honest I think I was the same at the beginning because they did say we will be in contact in a few weeks. It was probably about a month that I started to think that I hadn't passed, but I emailed them after about 2 months and they said my application was still being reviewed so went to checking every other day, but I changed my email not long after the paper sift to my work email which is checked every second near enough.

• 4 weeks later...
luke4321

Hi guys

New to this forum site .

I also have applied for the june sc campaign and have yet to hear anything back . I emailed recruitment earlier today to see if they have any idea on when we will find out as I'm sure you are all aware the interviews are scheduled to be around the 27th July . I know when i had my MET assessment they needed to give us at least 4 weeks prior to assessment date .

Cheers

heddlullandeilo

I applied couple weeks ago. 2 weeks ago to this day actually and ive had an email today stating I have been successful and been invited to a PIRT and fitness test next Friday. I applied Dyfed-Powys, took me by surprise how quick they responded to my application. Gonna work out like a dog for the next week to make sure im good for the fitness and do as many practise questions as I can on maths, spelling, checking info etc. There is no mention of an interview in my email so im guessing that's done after PIRT, fitness and medical?

I'm still waiting to hear something back. Devon and Cornwall, June/July 2014 intake for applications.

• 2 weeks later...
leanne1890

When I applied I heard back within maybe 3 days. The assessment was around 2 weeks after that and heard from that 2 weeks later. Got my medical tomorrow and its taken 5 weeks for that to come through! Due to waiting on appointments etc. I applied with west yorkshire police X

Edited by leanne1890