thespecial

Hello,

I just wanted to ask what is full beat uniform? Is it the normal Constable's uniform? Does that include the Tunic?

Thank you.

I just wanted to ask what is full beat uniform? Is it the normal Constable's uniform?

Yes

Does that include the Tunic?

No

• Like 1

Each force is different for what they issue their officers and staff to wear, what you get at uniform fitting is what's classed as your normal beat uniform. If you've yet to receive it then it would normall consist of the following.

x number of shirts

x number of trousers

stab proof vest

custodian helmet or bowler hat

duty belt

cuffs

baton

cuff keys

first aid pouch

limb restraints (force specific)

torch (if you're lucky)

gloves

This is the standard beat uniform, you will need boots but they're not provided by the force

Anything else would be force specific, specials don't get issued with tunics however they are available for hire if the need ever arises

adam1234

Add to last, some forces do supply you with boots

Marty McFly1546081284
Each force is different for what they issue their officers and staff to wear, what you get at uniform fitting is what's classed as your normal beat uniform. If you've yet to receive it then it would normall consist of the following.

x number of shirts

x number of trousers

stab proof vest

custodian helmet or bowler hat

duty belt

cuffs

baton

cuff keys

first aid pouch

limb restraints (force specific)

torch (if you're lucky)

gloves

This is the standard beat uniform, you will need boots but they're not provided by the force

Anything else would be force specific, specials don't get issued with tunics however they are available for hire if the need ever arises

Pretty much all of that which you have provided is force specific.

You may get a Flat Cap, TVP do not even issue custodians any more, Met (and other forces) specials do get personal issue tunics, other forces don't issue duty belts and instead issue tac vests, some forces do provide boots, etc.

Pretty much all of that which you have provided is force specific.

You may get a Flat Cap, TVP do not even issue custodians any more, Met (and other forces) specials do get personal issue tunics, other forces don't issue duty belts and instead issue tac vests, some forces do provide boots, etc.

I stand corrected!

Must be pretty lucky in Notts as we get torch and tunic which is made to measure.

• Like 1
obsidian_eclipse

Yep, and my torch seems to have everlasting batteries, it's been going 7 years and I even use it to walk the dog with over winter...

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Charlie
Met (and other forces) specials do get personal issue tunics

Is this a new policy as they were getting it late as a couple of months ago?

Must be pretty lucky in Notts as we get torch and tunic which is made to measure.

I didn't get measured. I tried on several pairs of trousers and a few jackets until I found the correct size. The ones I selected are the ones I was issued.

Marty McFly1546081284

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DukeDan" data-cid="2444395" data-time="1369994185"><p>

<br />

Is this a new policy as they were getting it late as a couple of months ago?</p></blockquote>

What do you mean? I said they do get them...

Charlie
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DukeDan" data-cid="2444395" data-time="1369994185"><p>

<br />

Is this a new policy as they were getting it late as a couple of months ago?</p></blockquote>

What do you mean? I said they do get them...

Sorry Marty I didn't read some crucial words! I'm just looking for a fight to be honest.

• Like 2
I didn't get measured. I tried on several pairs of trousers and a few jackets until I found the correct size. The ones I selected are the ones I was issued.

Must be my funny size then, actually if I recall you are right but they had to take the sleeves and some other bits and bobs. Ages ago now though.