Broken LCD panel on laptop

Bubba1546080759

I've had a slight accident with my Dell 17" laptop and broken the lcd panel (the external screen is ok)

When I now turn it on, it's like a rainbow, my own fault something hard hit the back of the laptop.

Does anyone know a place I can get it repaired (for a decent price) near to Farnborough?

It's a Dell studio 1745. I've looked online at replacement lcd screens and could only find ones in the US

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The cheapest way I've recommended that people do this in the past is to look on ebay for either a dead identical machine for peanuts and rob the entire display assembly to make a working machine, or, a complete display, if you're brave, take the display apart and look for the part number of the panel and search ebay for that. Did the latter for a friend of mine a few weeks ago - different laptop to yours, but the panel only cost around £50, and was fitted in about 20 minutes.

Did a little more digging and found a company behind my house that can do it.. 75 quid all inclusive, which isn't bad as I'd only break the new one fitting it :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1