Law conversion exam (Transfering from Scotland to E&W)

gh0st

Has anyone got a slightest clue on where to get information in relation to this exam? I was told that officers who would like to transfer from a Scottish police force to E&W has to pass this exam as part of the transfer process.

• 1 month later...
Eurocopter1546081234

A bit late but...

As far as i'm aware transferees from E+W are trained just like new recruits (perhaps other than OST) and will be taught all the cool legal stuff during training and not do a conversion exam.

I think you're right, but the other way around (to E&W) is more lenient, I think :) you just need to pass some exam, but I'm unable to find any info about it

I think you're right, but the other way around (to E&W) is more lenient, I think :) you just need to pass some exam, but I'm unable to find any info about it

I don't think there is conversion exam as such. Once you transfer you would be trained in the English law and have to pass the standard exams like a probationer.

Although it wouldn't hurt to read up on certain differences between the two and try and fit them into your interview answers somehow.

Transferees do not train just like new probationers; they aren't probationers. A two week conversion course is ran at Tulliallan for transferees, it's certainly not like the probation course.

Transferees do not train just like new probationers; they aren't probationers. A two week conversion course is ran at Tulliallan for transferees, it's certainly not like the probation course.

I never said they train like probationers. Just that they would have to pass some exams.

To be able to answer the good people of this forum correctly I've asked an ex colleague who transferred to the Met, he didn't sit any exams - because he is already a police officer you see, he had an introduction to English law and away he went. Another colleague transferred to Cumbria and she's said she didn't sit any exams either... not being a probationer.

• Like 1