Google Chrome Bookmark help

Bubba1546080759

I've been using Google Chrome for years and as far as I know, all my bookmarks are somehow backed up to Google. Since Google Chrome beta cam out for Android, I've started using that too, as you can login with Google and sync bookmarks from your desktop.

A couple of times now, I seem to have lost all my bookmarks! I have them on the phone, then all of a sudden they've gone, then when I logon to my laptop, they've gone from there too!

Real pain, as its happened twice now and I've lost quite a lot of bookmarks (only got a small backup from ages ago)

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Just checked my Adroid Tab and they have gone from there too.

I don't know the answer to your question but I have one of my own;

does anybody know how to search your bookmarks in Chrome (apart from partially typing the URL into the address bar)?

does anybody know how to search your bookmarks in Chrome (apart from partially typing the URL into the address bar)?

sorry again not an answer to the OP

but smt, do you mean like a bookmarks bar? If so thats ctrl+shift+b to show it, then it pops up and you can click your bookmarks,

alternatively do a new tab (ctrl + t) and you can change your settings to have the bookmarks bar appear whenever you do this.

I've been using Google Chrome for years and as far as I know, all my bookmarks are somehow backed up to Google. Since Google Chrome beta cam out for Android, I've started using that too, as you can login with Google and sync bookmarks from your desktop.

A couple of times now, I seem to have lost all my bookmarks! I have them on the phone, then all of a sudden they've gone, then when I logon to my laptop, they've gone from there too!

Real pain, as its happened twice now and I've lost quite a lot of bookmarks (only got a small backup from ages ago)

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

Just checked my Adroid Tab and they have gone from there too.

Are you using the same Google account on all your devices?

Control - Shift - O for Bookmark Manager and then it gives you a search function at the top of it :new_doh2:

Yeah same Google account. I installed chrome on my phone yesterday and it wiped my bookmarks for the second time (previously did it when I installed chrome on my Samsung tablet)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The only thing I can think to suggest is to check your settings to make sure that it's set to sync correctly. Not having or using an Android phone, there's only so much help I can be. Sorry.