Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Sullster

http://www.lancashire.police.uk/Content/UploadedImages/Ext_Ad_IA_and_Vetting_Asst_S10-14.docx

Although I'm due to start my Volunteering role in January, I saw this advertised on the website. I spent the night writing up my 150 words for each eligibility criteria to add on the application form and thought I would give it a go. I will still continue with my volunteering regardless.

I'm assuming the role will start midway(ish) through next year which is good as I would have finished at Uni around April/May time till September. It states it's only temporary for 6 months so thought it's worth an application. Worse thing they can say is no :D

Maybe I can do a "How I became Police Staff" similar to my PSV topic if I get past any of the stages that is.

Edited by Sullster

Member Achievements

Techie1

Good luck with the application.

I ended up as police staff after attending a jobs fair!

I hadn't considered the police before, but the people on the stand said there might be some IT jobs coming up and gave me a pen with the web address on it.

A few months later, I applied for a role, (waited a few months and) got interviewed and had a technical test.

Found out the same day that I was the preferred candidate.

Just took many months to get to a start date (vetting etc).

So, basically a lot of waiting before and after the interview!

Member Achievements

Sullster

Good luck with the application.

I ended up as police staff after attending a jobs fair!

I hadn't considered the police before, but the people on the stand said there might be some IT jobs coming up and gave me a pen with the web address on it.

A few months later, I applied for a role, (waited a few months and) got interviewed and had a technical test.

Found out the same day that I was the preferred candidate.

Just took many months to get to a start date (vetting etc).

So, basically a lot of waiting before and after the interview!

Thanks for the luck.

Always long waits. Took me a year to get my PSV role (Jan 2014-2015).

Luckily this time I don't mind waiting April/May/Jun is fine for me :D

Member Achievements

Sullster

Received an email today at 16.55 saying I have passed the paper sift and have been invited to an interview for the position on the 28th of January, only 8 days away. Any tips on what I should look at researching for the interview? I've got an idea of the competency questions and how I am going to answer them but I wondered if my fellow forumites could give me some minor pointers?

Edited by Electrokinesis

Member Achievements

Sullster

I have my interview in a few days anyone have suggestions? I'm currently going over my competency question answers!

Edited by Sullster

Member Achievements

Pathca

Read up on Lancashire Constabulary and it's values.Look at Lancashire itself ,it's far more diverse than it may appear. Know your examples but try not too be too parrot fashion and be able to change your direction. I had examples that covered more than one 'subject' ie equality and diversity also covered challenging behaviour

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Sullster

Read up on Lancashire Constabulary and it's values.Look at Lancashire itself ,it's far more diverse than it may appear. Know your examples but try not too be too parrot fashion and be able to change your direction. I had examples that covered more than one 'subject' ie equality and diversity also covered challenging behaviour

Thanks for the advice :D

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin

Did you hear back, Sullster?

Member Achievements

Sullster

Did you hear back, Sullster?

Yeah, I had applied for a job share (Part time) on my application due to my Masters Degree commitments. Unfortunately although I had a good interview (only one area of feedback to improve on) they ideally wanted a full time candidate, I'm possibly the only one that passed paper sift for part time. So we agreed at interview it was a no go as I couldn't commit full time. Still, I got some more police orientated interview practice and was happy with feedback given. Just keeping my eye out for part time Police staff roles and enjoying my PSV roles at the moment :D

Edited by Sullster

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David