Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
marshy

Does anyone know when the next intake is?

marshy

As title really. I know there was an intake this month but was wondering if anyone had any idea when the next one is?

DS90

Hi Marshy,

The only people that can tell you that are Gwent themselves, however (providing there isn't a pause between this intake leaving and your intake starting) then the first quarter of 2012 is probable.

Well done on passing your interview this time as well :confused:

Edited by DS90

Erin90

As title really. I know there was an intake this month but was wondering if anyone had any idea when the next one is?

hi marshy. I will be doing a resit on the next intake. When i rang to ask if they had any idea on when it would be they said hopefully oct/nov but nothing is set for deffinate as of yet. :saint:

marshy

Hi Marshy,

The only people that can tell you that are Gwent themselves, however (providing there isn't a pause between this intake leaving and your intake starting) then the first quarter of 2012 is probable.

Well done on passing your interview this time as well :aok:

hi marshy. I will be doing a resit on the next intake. When i rang to ask if they had any idea on when it would be they said hopefully oct/nov but nothing is set for deffinate as of yet. :)

Thanks, hopefully it will be :)

Edited by marshy

Gareth_h

The next one starts end of September so I would estimate the following one will be around 6 months after this one.

Captain Tezza

February I think.

marshy

February I think.

Ah cheers. Did you get in with this intake or are you having to wait until the next one aswell?

Captain Tezza

I volunteered to wait until the next one because of work and stuff. Any idea when they let us know we've passed vetting?

Edited by Captain Tezza

marshy

I volunteered to wait until the next one because of work and stuff. Any idea when they let us know we've passed vetting?

I did ask a couple of weeks ago and was told i had passed Gwent checks but was still waiting to hear back from the people who do the security checks (orange form). Give them a ring mate if you're concerned as they might of been completed by now.

Gareth_h

Unless it has changed, you won't hear if you have passed vetting.

Captain Tezza

I did ask a couple of weeks ago and was told i had passed Gwent checks but was still waiting to hear back from the people who do the security checks (orange form). Give them a ring mate if you're concerned as they might of been completed by now.

I'm not worried about it really. We'll know when we know. no rushing these things. i know they've started because i have a footprint in my credit file. Guess its just a waiting game now. You going to be on the next intake?

Edited by Captain Tezza

marshy

Yea I hope so, providing everything goes ok during the rest of the process.

mistyblue1

Yea I hope so, providing everything goes ok during the rest of the process.

If Gwent are going to be taking on PCSOs will they be looking to recruit Specials as well? or will Specials recruitment take a back seat? I will contact them tomorrow to see whats happening

marshy

Hmm good point. Could you let me know what they tell you please? It says on their website that they're not currently recruiting Special Constable's but I'm hoping that's because there are still a few of us waiting.

mistyblue1

Spoke to very helpful lady today at Gwent, she said they expect to have an external PCSO recruitment drive very shortly. I asked if this would impact on the recruitment of specials and she said absolutely not. so goods news all round :)

Hmm good point. Could you let me know what they tell you please? It says on their website that they're not currently recruiting Special Constable's but I'm hoping that's because there are still a few of us waiting.

Sign in to follow this  
Paid Membership Required

There are 1 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David