Hello all!

I am applying for special constable at TVP I have been given mixed responses from TVP recruitment and TVP vetting 3years ago I was given a Youth Restorative Disposal for harassment at the time the officer said this will not Effect me in the future and when joining the police. As this is not a caution or conviction will this affect me?

Thanks

Stumblebum

Hello all!

I am applying for special constable at TVP I have been given mixed responses from TVP recruitment and TVP vetting 3years ago I was given a Youth Restorative Disposal for harassment at the time the officer said this will not Effect me in the future and when joining the police. As this is not a caution or conviction will this affect me?

Thanks

No it is not a caution or conviction as you say. The officer was correct, it should not affect your application.

Hello all!

Thanks

I second what Stumblebum said but will also advise you to still declare it in your application. The last thing you want to do is not declare it and they find it on the system. It will not look good.......good luck with it all.

• Like 1
IrateShrike

I second what Stumblebum said but will also advise you to still declare it in your application. The last thing you want to do is not declare it and they find it on the system. It will not look good.......good luck with it all.

Failing to mention it will only be a problem if the OP is asked first then neglects to include it.

I hope it ain't a problem as I work for Openreach and visit government sites (Windsor castle) all the time and passed their security clearance

Should be mentioned that advice taken from any user here is used and listed to upon your own accord and nobody can be held accountable for anything that happens from you taking advice from here. innocent.gif

IrateShrike

Should be mentioned that advice taken from any user here is used and listed to upon your own accord and nobody can be held accountable for anything that happens from you taking advice from here. innocent.gif

That health warning should really be heeded by anyone reading anything on the Internet.

GreenGerkin

Ahh someone else coming to TVP. Good luck with your application!

E29NP1546080952

I hope it ain't a problem as I work for Openreach and visit government sites (Windsor castle) all the time and passed their security clearance

So did Aaron Barschak :whistle:

I'll get me coat!

• 3 years later...

good evening

i recently applied for a job with TVP and went through interviews and competency tests and was successful.... However when going through the vetting procedure, unfortunately i was told the vetting had been rejected. This same scenario happened before, because i received a YRD nearly 4.5 years ago because of a petty argument with my sister with her taking my property without consent and she got hurt by me stopping her taking my bike (i did NOT hit her in any way) she got hurt by my bike she tried taking from me.

so this year i applied for the role of a enquiry operator and again was successful through interviews and competency tests but yet again my vetting was rejected.

I have appealed the decision and i am awaiting a response

any information or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Administrative Account

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. PoliceSpecials.com disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - the documents available in the 'Reference Library' and 'Downloads' areas.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

• Like 1

I work at Windsor castle full time currently and i have recently applied to work for TVP police staff and passed all tests and interviews and fail on the vetting procedure due to my YRD i received from an argument with my sister nearly 4.5 years ago now.

I did mention this on my application so can anyone explain to me why i have been rejected?? :(