HGV road offences

tony t

Hi, I belive someone to be using a hgv lorry on the public highway with out the nessassry licences to opperate the lorry.

The lorry is a 7.5t Horsebox, the lorry is used as part of their bussiness of selling horses, mainly taking their ones to aution etc.

The lorry does not have a `o` licence displayed (restricted etc), also no tacos or a written log book is kept for the journey.

also the owner is most likely not to have a licence from DEFRA to transport livestock by lorry on the road.

Since the laws have changed I had to sell my lorry as I would have been unable to afforward the costs involved and moved to trailer.

Yet there are still people getting away with it.

Who can I report the offences to? As I already have spent several hrs looking on the internet but there are plenty of ways of reporting untaxed vechiels etc but nothing on reporting rouge hgv users.

Thanks for anyhelp.

Tony

At the risk of stating the obvious...

Have you considered reporting your suspicions to the police? Or if you didn't want to speak to the police, give Crimestoppers a call. 0800 555 111

At the risk of stating the obvious...

Have you considered reporting your suspicions to the police? Or if you didn't want to speak to the police, give Crimestoppers a call. 0800 555 111

Thanks for the reply, I did call the local station and said I belive someone was in breach of the road transport regulations, and the response was to contact VOSA, and was given the number, but they are open during business hrs and didnt seem to be an option to select for "other offences to report".

Crimestoppers sounds the best one thanks for that :whistle:

Regards Tony

Off topic I know but why state 50km radius when every road sign is still in miles! Just bugs me a little! Grrrrr....