Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Chief Cheetah

What Powers does your force grant you?

Chief Cheetah

As per the title, what can and can't you do in your force area and what do you think you should and shouldn't be able to do?

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

BTP grant us nearly every PCSO power going (save some truancy ones and park trading offences) - one PNDable I'd like added is the possession of a class b drug/cannabis (resin) as another disposal option.

As a wider review of general PCSO powers, I believe that there should be a power to detain a person wanted on warrant, and also to S23 persons where the power to seize controlled drugs is designated...

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Adamski

I'm told we can't use street bail. I understand the concept and it seems pretty savvy to me, not sure why we can't use it!

Member Achievements

Radman

I'm told we can't use street bail. I understand the concept and it seems pretty savvy to me, not sure why we can't use it!

As a frontline PC I've never seen a need to use 'Street Bail' - if you have a necessity to arrest then arrest, if you don't then just report for summons either on the street or back at the police station.

Edited by Radman

Member Achievements

Response Cop

I've only used street bail once which was for a fail to appear (bail) warrant.  He was simply arrested at his home address then bailed to court at the date and time specified on the warrant. 

I agree entirely with Radman - You either have the necessity to arrest and you do just that.  Alternatively, report for summons or arrange for them to attend the station as a voluntary attender.

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

BTP PCSO Powers

powerscard2013.pdf

Edited by MindTheGap
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

AverageJoe90

BTP PCSO Powers

If only other forces outlined PCSO powers clearly, good post thank you.

Edited by David
Odd formatting removed

MindTheGap

If only other forces outlined PCSO powers clearly, good post thank you.

The Met do a good job of it, it's just making sure the PCSO has their designation card on them! Often they don't, which is worrying because you can't discharge any discretionary/non standard powers without it!

Member Achievements

Sentinel

My force gives us the standard powers plus a few PND powers that are on the most part worthless...

Member Achievements

Radman

When did the 'any person arrest' clause get inserted, used to use breach of the peace arrest frequently...

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

When did the 'any person arrest' clause get inserted, used to use breach of the peace arrest frequently...

Well that list was never published officially, the latest physical version is 2011 - it was found on the G drive

Member Achievements

Sentinel

Has any force designated the new powers and designations available from the anti-social crime and policing act 2014?

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

Has any force designated the new powers and designations available from the anti-social crime and policing act 2014?

BTP has, Dispersal and S19 mirror power

Member Achievements

Sentinel

BTP leading the way again whilst the HO forces will probably take years to catch up!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

mike88

West Midlands have, which is strange seen as we have the least powers of any PCSOs in the country.

Member Achievements

There are 1 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David