Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Sign in to follow this  
Jo1993

Surrey Police Staff Vetting

Jo1993

Good Afternoon,

I was offered a Police Staff position with Surrey at the end of July following an interview and am now waiting to start.

I was told the vetting would take between 6-8 weeks (which I instantly thought was crazy seeing as I already work for the Met and so not sure why it would need that long, but I appreciate they have to do it themselves...)

It has now been 8 weeks and I am yet to hear anything. I rang them the other day but the people working in recruitment only seem to know what it says on thier computer screens which is that it is currently with the vetting team... They are unable to give me any other updates

The most annoying thing is, is that I am so desperate to give in my notice and leave my current job and so I am now weighing up the options of just leaving and risking being unemployed for however long whilst Surrey finish thier vetting!!

Has anyone else had similar problems with vetting? Or anyone else who has gone through the vetting for a staff role and can let me know how long it took them?

Thanks

Jo

careerlid

It's obviously something you need to take up with Surrey plod. It might have something to do with your current role; they hate the Met. :)

Member Achievements

JessFox

When I was applying to TVP they said vetting will take 8-12 weeks (WHAT?!) I had to wait almost 14 weeks before I was fully cleared. It seems like security clearing potential recruits/staff isn't anyone's main priority. I'm not sure if it's the same for Surrey but a lot (if not all) of the vetting is done by outside agencies.

phreatic

Jo,

I'm in a similar position, but cominh on from outside.

Did you get a resolution?

phreatic

Quick update, mine took the projected 6-8 weeks. All complete, I've now started.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David