Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Owen

2019 Intakes

Owen

Hi All,

Just thought I'd set a new thread up for anyone starting or hoping to start in 2019 - in the hope more people will appear back active on the forum!

I am currently going through the process and hoping to start on the next SC intake (as a transferee but same intake).

Anyone else?!

Owen

Member Achievements

Spooney

I hope to be starting the regs in 2019 had my medical last Tuesday, not heard anything back as of yet, not sure how long it takes for them to get in contact with you as I found out I passed my medical on the same day 

Member Achievements

Owen
4 hours ago, Spooney said:

I hope to be starting the regs in 2019 had my medical last Tuesday, not heard anything back as of yet, not sure how long it takes for them to get in contact with you as I found out I passed my medical on the same day 

I'm in a very similar position, only for specials not regs. I had my medical a few weeks ago - I think it's just a case of them letting BTP know that you've passed and BTP placing you on an intake. I was also the same in that I was told I had passed on the day of the medical by the staff.

Member Achievements

Spooney
1 hour ago, Owen said:

I'm in a very similar position, only for specials not regs. I had my medical a few weeks ago - I think it's just a case of them letting BTP know that you've passed and BTP placing you on an intake. I was also the same in that I was told I had passed on the day of the medical by the staff.

Yeah I spoke to recruitment earlier on they said all reg intakes are filled until March so I'm looking at earliest middle of next year start date, said its just a case of waiting now, however I was told I'm in the B Division talent pool as that's the faster one, even though I've not applied for B Division I applied for C I'm guessing it's where resources are needed

Member Achievements

Owen
1 minute ago, Spooney said:

Yeah I spoke to recruitment earlier on they said all reg intakes are filled until March so I'm looking at earliest middle of next year start date, said its just a case of waiting now, however I was told I'm in the B Division talent pool as that's the faster one, even though I've not applied for B Division I applied for C I'm guessing it's where resources are needed

Ah I suppose that's good news then! Do you live nearby B division?

Member Achievements

Spooney
5 minutes ago, Owen said:

Ah I suppose that's good news then! Do you live nearby B division?

Not too far I live in Cambridgeshire, I'd be willing to take a B division posting within reason I.E London as its commuting distance for me but I'm reluctant to take anything else I.E Southampton/Brighton way

Member Achievements

Owen
Just now, Spooney said:

Not too far I live in Cambridgeshire, I'd be willing to take a B division posting within reason I.E London as its commuting distance for me but I'm reluctant to take anything else I.E Southampton/Brighton way

Ah! I'm in Cambridgeshire for work on Thursday.. 50 minute train ride or so. I guess North London would be reasonable for you.

I've asked for B division but hoping I will get to specify further!

Member Achievements

Spooney
2 minutes ago, Owen said:

Ah! I'm in Cambridgeshire for work on Thursday.. 50 minute train ride or so. I guess North London would be reasonable for you.

I've asked for B division but hoping I will get to specify further!

Yeah it's an hour or so train ride for me, I mean anything like King's Cross/ St Pancras, Waterloo, Euston as they're all easy commutes for me that won't be too long, I applied for Peterborough, Leeds and Birmingham, just find it odd I've been put in the B division pool, but then again it's all about where they need the resources I guess

Member Achievements

Owen
5 minutes ago, Spooney said:

Yeah it's an hour or so train ride for me, I mean anything like King's Cross/ St Pancras, Waterloo, Euston as they're all easy commutes for me that won't be too long, I applied for Peterborough, Leeds and Birmingham, just find it odd I've been put in the B division pool, but then again it's all about where they need the resources I guess

Ah fair enough, but if it gets you in and it works for a few years or so then you can always move closer!

Member Achievements

Spooney
6 minutes ago, Owen said:

Ah fair enough, but if it gets you in and it works for a few years or so then you can always move closer!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking tbh, like I said it's just where in B Division they may choose to put me, I'm happy to be flexible but I draw the line at anything I can't commute to directly and I'm unable to move houses currently 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

Owen I'll drop you a message mate!

Member Achievements

Mazinmazinmunday

I start training Feb 2019 for Southampton B Div. Can’t wait to get going! 

Spooney
On 30/12/2018 at 11:08, Mazinmazinmunday said:

I start training Feb 2019 for Southampton B Div. Can’t wait to get going! 

Nice, hope it all goes well for you :) I think I am gonna be in with a bit of a wait, spoke to HR not long before Christmas to see where I was at after passing my medical, told me all intakes were filled up untill March and to be prepared for a wait of possibly another 12 months/Christmas this year, which I hope is just a worst case scenario estimate, hopefully will get started before then :P  

Member Achievements

Mazinmazinmunday
11 hours ago, Spooney said:

Nice, hope it all goes well for you :) I think I am gonna be in with a bit of a wait, spoke to HR not long before Christmas to see where I was at after passing my medical, told me all intakes were filled up untill March and to be prepared for a wait of possibly another 12 months/Christmas this year, which I hope is just a worst case scenario estimate, hopefully will get started before then :P  

Thank you! 😊 You going for B div too? Which station? 

Spooney
2 hours ago, Mazinmazinmunday said:

Thank you! 😊 You going for B div too? Which station? 

Im going for C division put down Peterborough as my first choice followed by Leeds and Birmingham however it seems I've not got any of these as HR told me I've been moved into the B division holding pool as thats turning over candidates quicker than the C div one so I have no clue what posting they have in mind for me at the moment, out of interest how long have did it take you to get to this stage from first applying? :) 

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David