Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Techie1

Police Scotland officers 'anxious and suicidal' as cops take over 40,000 days off

Techie1

Police officers took almost 40,000 days off work last year due to stress-related illness.

The Scottish Police Federation say some members have taken their own lives because of pressures they faced at work.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-cops-anxious-suicidal-stress-13530271.amp

”Kennedy said: “One officer had a manager try to serve discipline forms on him the day after he tried to take his own life.” 

Did the manager know he’d tried to take his own life? If so what a ...... 😡

HazRat
1 hour ago, Techie1 said:

”Kennedy said: “One officer had a manager try to serve discipline forms on him the day after he tried to take his own life.” 

Did the manager know he’d tried to take his own life? If so what a ...... 😡

It’s quite believable judging by some of the people I work with. I remember a senior officer telling me about the attendance management policy. It’s not that we don’t believe that your are ill, it’s just that you are absent from the workplace and we can’t have that.

One of mine was off for D&V recently. It went through his family and he rightly went sick to avoid spreading it. According to the Insp. this was wrong and he should have been at work. Of course he should, we all need a good bout of D&V. Suffice to say he wasn’t given management action and I wrote it up accordingly. But the leaders blindly follow policy to the letter.

Techie1
Author of the topic Posted

Yes, the officer should have just carried on, wearing a nappy and a bucket around his neck

Common sense never prevails! [emoji1]

I've heard of attendance letters being given to workers with cancer, so I guess I shouldn't be too shocked at the above. [emoji35]