Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Elnaz

I would like to ask you for a favor.

Elnaz

I would like to ask you for a favor.

Recently I have been forced to experience some difficulty which I have never experienced in the past.

A few months ago, I have filed an online crime report to the met-Police, But, Police informed me that my report is a civil matter, hence, can not be investigated by the police, and it was rejected to be assisted by the police,

Please note: Report against a valid authorise service company, which they damaged my brand new car ( My Asset, My Property under the English Law), and my car, still is at their garage.

However, when the other party ( the service company) filed a report against me to the police,

They have got the police trust without being demanded to show any proof.

Therefore, I would like to ask your advice, how can I request for some help through this website?

Chief Cheetah

Legal Disclaimer

This area of the forum is intended for members to seek advice on Law and Police Procedures applicable to England & Wales. Just like you would pop into your local police station to should the need arise. Any advice on a specific area of law is from either currently-serving UK police officers, and is offered to the best of their ability, or from members of the public who are perhaps aspiring to be serving police officers and may not hold the necessary level of knowledge to provide such assistance or by any other member who may offer their opinion. Either way such advice can only be treated as an opinion and nothing more.

Members should look for the Verified Members Badge that appears on the posters name as advice from members holding this badge are verified police employees. The information is based on their own individual experiences, expertise and training. It is stressed, however, that if any information or advice found in these forums is used by any person or organisation, then the respective police officer(s) and staff can not and will not take any responsibility for any outcome in any investigation in a criminal or civil enquiry. Any advice or opinion offered is to the best of the individuals knowledge and ability based on the information you have supplied, and we will stress that we will never be knowingly misleading or untruthful in content.

• Please note, we do not offer advice or assistance in order to avoid penalties that you have incurred or maybe pending.
  • Such requests are deemed to be of an Operational nature and against our main Forum Rules.
  • You should always seek Legal Advice from a Qualified Solicitor in the event of any impending prosecutions or other involved legal matter.

Police Community Team

Member Achievements

Indiana Jones

Therefore, I would like to ask your advice, how can I request for some help through this website?

Through THIS website? You can't. You'll need to speak to an organisation like the Citizens' Advice Bureau, or instruct a solicitor.

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut

So you are alleging damage as part of a service ?  

So not criminal damage? If that’s the case then it is indeed a civil matter. 

Member Achievements

Elnaz

Dear Chief Cheetah and Indiana Jones

I don't want to ask for any legal advice.
I need to discuss  with other members about my matter, to help me with any comments or their opinions,  for example, I have already written a  complaint letter to the Police but not submit it yet; I am not sure if my letter is good and clearly, could I explain the key points?
Or I need to little bit edit it then submits it. I need to get police attention.

I went to the police station and some officer there advised me I need to write a complaint letter because maybe there are some mistakes with the matters.

That's why I asked to know which forums can I get some help about it.

Elnaz

The story is about my new brand car which drove and damaged by a service company,

But, when I told them I will report them to the police and trading standard, they lied and reported me to the police as a theft.

Two Police officers come to me and informed me that I have apparently stolen the xxx car ( the courtesy Car) from the xxxx and they recovered the car.

This is My complaint letter to the case officer on 18 oct 2018, However, I did not receive any response from him until the present. Therefor I written  a complaint letter for the Met police but not send it yet.

Dear  Officer XXX

As you remember, I have been requesting information regarding the Pdf file that I sent to you and reminded, I am still waiting for you to let me know "if I have the right to know, "what it this case against me is”.

On 05 Oct 2018, without referring to any case reference number, you sent an email with the subject ” Car Recovered”  you just notified me to contact you.

I contacted you, and you asked me about the matters between me and xxx. However, when I tried to talk, you stopped me and said, you will call the xxx to close the case.

I asked you to see you in person, but you refused, again I  appreciated you if you could take a look at my first and second ( updated ) report about this matter.

And you agreed, to read my report and call me back, which you did not.

By your email contacting information, I understood that you are from the xxxxx Police station, Therefore I went there.

Another officer at the xxxxx Police station provide me with the criminal case reference number and advised me that the case has been closed today ( the 5 September 2018) by you.

I contacted you and you advised me that you did not find my police online report at your system, which I emailed my online report pdf file to you Immediately, and again waiting to call me back as you said, which you did not.

Is it the police rules that if any of the parties are powerful with English background management (like the xxxx) they Will get priority Without being demanded to show any proof?

The Police chose to accept their untrue report and reclaimed a car that was involved in a dispute even though Police already had stated that it was not a criminal case beforehand and that they would not get involved.

This eventually led to calling me a thief. I was not consulted nor talked to about any of this matter and my report to the police a few months ago was completely ignored.

A Criminal case was opened against me in the police system database.

I was not provided with a case reference number,

I was not advised about what my right was in this particular situation nor If I had any right to a solicitor or legal advice. Without any investigation, Police judged that my report was a civil matter and refused to look at my report and attached documents.

Is this how the police conduct their business and uphold the law?

And regarding My Online Report Ref: CDS-xxx, And Ref: RIN-xxx

As you are aware, I reported, that I do not give permission to anyone to drive my car outside the garage area, however, refer to the witness statement and other evidence, It was so clear that my car was driven outside the garage without my consent.The manager refused to look at the CCTV, to prove to me that my car had been parked at the services, during the time as he has claimed all along.

Do you think this is a civil matter if someone without the owner concern, drives a car and damages it meanwhile?

Once again the responsible party has been able to hide any footprint of the joyriding my car, they have removed the original control unit, which recorded all happenings about my car. There are no guarantees if the airbag inside my car is working anymore or not.

In the end, the wrong and fake control unit placed in my car by the branch caused dangerous circumstances which could have cost my life and others. The company xxxxx under their responsibility and under their policy checked the car physically and took photos and videos, they have also done the health check and confirmed there is no mechanic or electric issues with my car.

However, when the car was returned it had 600 extra miles on it and I found shattered glass inside the car.

Isn't it normal then that I asked them to look at the CCTV to prove that this is not the xxxx Branches fault when this visible kind of signs and my car not working as before?

And there is biometric evidence that my car key was not present at their key
security box for more than 42 hours.

They did not provide me with my car full diagnostic report when demanded them to, even though it is full right to demand so.

when I had no access to my car, is not enough evidence as the location for the incident just could be the xx garage?

Do you think is there any credible evidence to the contrary?

Should Police be using expert advisers with Mechanical Engineering Criminology Qualifications and they testimonies to understand the evidence, documents?

As I mentioned in our phone conversation and also my emails before,

If I have any rights under the English Law and The Equality,

Please Inform me:

Why was there a Criminal case opened against me, damaging my name?

Which evidence was provided?

Isn’t it the responsibility of The police officer to make sure about the true or untrue report against me? Especially because I was denied any aid by the police when I requested to be protected?

Is it The Police officer responsibility, to provide me with the case reference number? Or the police station name and place? To explain what is the problem?

And when I do not agree, and informed the police this report is untrue; Isn’t it The Police officer responsibility, to listen to the story and accept to look at any evidence maybe I have it? Is The Police officer responsible, to Look at the contract? if This is the evidence that I kept the car legally!?

I  would appreciate it if you could reply to my email as soon as you can. I need to know about the Crime Ref Number: xxxx And also xxxx, xxxx

Refer to the evidence, When I visited and dropped my car to the xxx, my car had no mechanical or electrical issue and now I am not accepted to return a damaged car to me. As you understand, if I recover my car, I can not prove that my car dropped to their location without issue and they damaged my property and the location for the damaging is the xxxx. if you as a police officer, decided to do not any investigation about this matter, I would like to hire a private criminal investigator to do it. 

I Look Forward To hearing From you

Funkywingnut

Again sounds like a civil matter not a criminal one. If you refused to return the courtesy car then that’s why the police became involved. 

Everyone has the right to consult a solicitor, you don’t need to be told this everyday. Slightly different if you are arrested or interviewed.

Edited by Funkywingnut
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Elnaz

I had a contract to have the courtesy car, and few days before the police be involved, i had a meeting with the manager, we agreed to have a meeting with the director of that company.
I have mentioned if we could not resolve the matters I would report them to the trading standard,

When I have a paper about the courtesy car police could come and recovered?

Or be involved?

If the business did not do anything wrong, are they providing me a courtesy car for more than 7 months?

Police should little bit more be careful about someone like me, who is a individual not a big company with financial support.
I asked the police protection. when I had also enough evidence and a witness who saw my car at the street when car should be parked at their garage not driving by someone who has not my permission to do it,

Fedster
5 minutes ago, Elnaz said:

I had a contract to have the courtesy car, and few days before the police be involved, i had a meeting with the manager, we agreed to have a meeting with the director of that company.
I have mentioned if we could not resolve the matters I would report them to the trading standard,

Or be involved?

If the business did not do anything wrong, are they providing me a courtesy car for more than 7 months?

Police should little bit more be careful about someone like me, who is a individual not a big company with financial support.
I asked the police protection. when I had also enough evidence and a witness who saw my car at the street when car should be parked at their garage not driving by someone who has not my permission to do it,

Again any dispute you have with the garage is a civil issue not criminal.

I am not sure what you expect the police to do?

Member Achievements

Hyphen

@Elnaz it’s fairly simple, the complaints you have are not criminal and are a civil matter.

It seems from your post you have contacted the Police already, not sure what you are expecting from a forum.

The best advice is go and see a solicitor if you feel so strongly about the complaint, also surely there are complaints procedures in place. Unfortunately the Police isn’t the right place to raise your grievance.

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

Or be involved?

As others have said your story sounds very much to be resolvable under the civil law. It is apparent from your writing that English is not your first language and so something may be missed.
Two things would be helpful.
1. What CRIMINAL offence(s) do you think have been committed; and
2. Why do you think it is CRIMINAL.

Member Achievements