Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
H-H

Recruitment - 6 month rule

H-H

Apols if this is in the wrong area admins, could only find an area for PCSO and PSE recruitment questions

A friend of mine applied to Durham earlier this year and passed SEARCH in April but failed the final interview in May

He’s now considering a move down south to Kent but isn’t sure whether an application would be accepted at the moment due to the 6 month rule

His last SEARCH results are enough for Kent but they do not accept people who have failed final interview or vetting from another force and so he will have to wait until these have expired

As far as I was aware, the final interview is local and the SEARCH stage is the only nationalised part of the process, so my assumption was that he cannot apply for Durham for 6 months from the date of the final interview, but can apply for other forces after 6 months from the date of his assessment centre, is that right or am I giving him the wrong advice?

Thanks

H-H

Member Achievements

XA84

Personally I don't think that they would accept him given that he's now failed, however the best advice would be to have him email the force in question and ask whether they would accept a transfer of application but I think it's too late now. 

Let us know how you get on though. 

Member Achievements

Policey_Man

As above - it could be either, the only way of getting the right answer would be to ask Kent themselves.

Member Achievements

DB11

It would be force specific. You are right in that interviews are only local procedures and do not form part of the national recruitment process so he could apply with his SEARCH assessment score but it would be down to that force whether they accept him or not. I'd be more inclined to think they would tbh as what do they lose by interviewing him and seeing if he's the right fit for the job? There's no expense as they're not putting him through the assessment centre.

The papersift also applies to the six month rule but that isn't relevant in this example.

Member Achievements

H-H

Hi all, thanks for the advice, I don’t think I communicated the question as well as I could have! Kent’s website say they don’t accept people who have passed SEARCH but failed later in the process with another force. What I was looking for opinions on was if my friend has to wait 6 months to apply for a new force from his assessment centre (when the results expire) or whether he has to wait 6 months following his final interview as this is his ‘fail date’. If it is 6 months from the AC he could apply now but if it’s 6 months from the interview date he would have to wait a month or so more

Member Achievements

XA84
2 hours ago, H-H said:

Hi all, thanks for the advice, I don’t think I communicated the question as well as I could have! Kent’s website say they don’t accept people who have passed SEARCH but failed later in the process with another force. What I was looking for opinions on was if my friend has to wait 6 months to apply for a new force from his assessment centre (when the results expire) or whether he has to wait 6 months following his final interview as this is his ‘fail date’. If it is 6 months from the AC he could apply now but if it’s 6 months from the interview date he would have to wait a month or so more

It's 6 months from the moment he gets told that he has failed. The assessment centre scores are open for 1 year on the date that they are told that they have passed, if he is unlucky that his assessment centre score expires during that time then he will just be returned back to paper-sift should they apply again.

Member Achievements

DB11
13 hours ago, H-H said:

Hi,

How I understand it is that he can apply to another force regardless of the internal force interview outcome.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David