Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
junior_7178

Uniform Shirts

junior_7178

Does anybody know where you can buy the black standard issue wicking shirts that have the button down strip on the shoulder that you can slide sliders over? Not the sort with the 2 loops for epolettes.

I've tried Niton and they don't sell them.

Cheers.

Member Achievements

Buck
Posted (edited)

Can't find any on the usual sites I get stuff from.

Why can't you get some from Stores in your force?

Edited by Buck

Member Achievements

Policey_Man

If you need new uniform, get it from work, don't buy it with your own money!

Member Achievements

XA84

I have to agree with the above comments, if you need uniform then go through your stores rather than paying for it out of your own pocket. 

Besides which, I think you'll struggle to find it as most will be custom made for forces. 

Member Achievements

andi

Not that simple though sometimes. As a special I was only issued 1 shirt, which obviously wasn't enough if you're doing a full weekend or whatever.

And complain as much as you like, they weren't for issuing extra.

Member Achievements

Mac7
Not that simple though sometimes. As a special I was only issued 1 shirt, which obviously wasn't enough if you're doing a full weekend or whatever.

And complain as much as you like, they weren't for issuing extra.

I still would not be buying my own kit. If you need extra shirts and supplies are reluctant to issue them then you need to raise it through your supervision.

Wearing non issue kit could have all sorts of implications if you get hurt or injured.

Member Achievements

andi

I can't really imagine how a non issue shirt could contribute to an on duty injury.

And raising it with my special sergeant wouldn't have made much difference to a policy set at ACC level!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Beaker

I can't really imagine how a non issue shirt could contribute to an on duty injury.

It won't, but repeat the phrase "insurance loophole" 1000 times...

Member Achievements

Buck
24 minutes ago, Beaker said:

It won't, but repeat the phrase "insurance loophole" 1000 times...

I think to be fair that only applies to PPE which wicking tops are not. My current uniform consists of clothing from 3 different forces but as it the national uniform there's no way I could know which is which, let alone an insurance company. I am however not wearing my old personal tac-vest as that is not Lancs approved PPE so is a different kettle of fish

Member Achievements

Mac7

And raising it with my special sergeant wouldn't have made much difference to a policy set at ACC level!

Exposure to chemicals heat, cold, burns, bodily fluids, risks of tearing and subsequent injuries when searching dwellings or open spaces etc etc. Plus there is the matter of uniform and appearance standards.

I personally would not buy my own kit. If something were to happen and you required medical treatment or wanted to pursue a claim you may struggle.

Policy is guidance. If you can show a need I’m sure it will be issued. Speak to supplies and explain. If that fails raise it. I’ve never had an equipment request refused.

Member Achievements

Billy Blue Tac

Just a thought, but would wearing an unapproved/non-issued civvi shirt fall foul of "constable in uniform" in the various bits of legislation that require it?

I suppose not, especially if there are sliders or other ID, but any loophole could be exploited by a desperate defence with nothing better to do.

Beaker
I think to be fair that only applies to PPE which wicking tops are not. My current uniform consists of clothing from 3 different forces but as it the national uniform there's no way I could know which is which, let alone an insurance company. I am however not wearing my old personal tac-vest as that is not Lancs approved PPE so is a different kettle of fish
When I filled in my first AR1 they actually made me agree all my uniform was as issued. Which if course it was.

Member Achievements

SammyB
When I filled in my first AR1 they actually made me agree all my uniform was as issued. Which if course it was.

What’s an AR1?

Member Achievements

Beaker

What’s an AR1?
Injury form.

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David