Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

MountainMan

Juvenile Reprimand, Theft

MountainMan

Hi All,

Finding this forum very useful as I'm just beginning my journey through the application process and it's so good to see people willing to offer their experiences etc.

My query is of a vetting nature I'm afraid (I know there's a fair few floating around), I'd just like to know of any success stories of people who have a similar case as mine. As the thread name suggests I recieved a Juvenile Reprimand in 2008 for Theft (aged 15). Has anyone else had their vetting cleared with a similar history? This is the only dealing I've had with the police but, for obvious reasons, it's bothering me. Although the guidelines don't necessarily state it's a definite rejection; I'm aware that it does hugely call in to question my integrity and to be honest if I had the choice between myself and someone else devoid of taint then it's a no-brainer.

But it's not something I will give up on easily and if anyone can give me some positive anecdotes it may help put my mind at a bit of ease.

Mazza

Vetting is very much on a case by case basis as they need to look at the whole context. The key thing is as long as you are honest in vetting as it’s not necessarily what you’ve done but it’s whether or not you’re honest about it.

Good luck!

Member Achievements

MountainMan

Yeah, as expected! I suppose I was just after some encouragement but ultimately all I can do is be honest and let them make a judgement.

Thank you for that, much appreciated.

junior_7178

I think people ask these vetting questions on here as they're hoping for reassurance. I understand how you feel as when i applied i had some driving misdemeanours from 21 years ago when i was 16/17 years old. I was up front and honest about them all the way through the application process and vetting and i was successful. 

Nobody on here will be able to give you definitive answers, just opinions. If I'm being up front with you, i think with a theft conviction will go against you more than something that isn't an honesty based crime.

Good luck though and keep us posted

• Like 1

Member Achievements

MountainMan

Yeah you are right, definitely a reassurance thing. Even if it is false reassurance because, as stated above, each vetting case is unique.

I’ve passed through a shortlisting stage for my chosen force of which a part of that was stage 1 vetting, I was completely honest about everything and that’s been accepted so far. So fingers crossed it’s positive.

Although I understand there’s a stricter, more thorough, vetting process to go through if I’m successful at final interview.

Each stage as it comes!

junior_7178
On 19/06/2018 at 16:18, MountainMan said:

Yeah you are right, definitely a reassurance thing. Even if it is false reassurance because, as stated above, each vetting case is unique.

I’ve passed through a shortlisting stage for my chosen force of which a part of that was stage 1 vetting, I was completely honest about everything and that’s been accepted so far. So fingers crossed it’s positive.

Although I understand there’s a stricter, more thorough, vetting process to go through if I’m successful at final interview.

Each stage as it comes!

How are you getting on?

Member Achievements

MountainMan
On 12/07/2018 at 13:44, junior_7178 said:

How are you getting on?

Assessment centre coming up at the end of the month so living and breathing the preparation for that, as you can imagine! Also, to speed things up, the force I'm going for is putting all candidates through a final interview before they even find out the results of the A/C which is odd but I prefer it that way.

Are you serving? Special or regular?

junior_7178

Reg. Just about to finish tutorship.

Member Achievements

MountainMan

Oh brilliant! Good on you. Good luck with the rest of your career

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David