Notice Board
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Great Deals

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  
Fedster

Far-right activists stage violent protest calling for Tommy Robinson to be freed

Fedster

Five officers suffer minor injuries in demonstration that saw missiles and smoke bombs hurled at police

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-protest-london-far-right-police-arrest-geert-wilders-a8391596.html

Really hope this is a not of sign of things to come.

1 thing i don't get is Tommy Robinson was found guilty of breaking contempt of court laws, yet thousands it seems think he is a freedom fighter who they are convinced is innocent. Where is the logic?

Member Achievements

Tempo

Words truly fail me.

Not one brain cell in among that crowd. Thoughts with the injured officers and all that will have to clear up this mess.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

This whole incident shows just how dangerous Robinson is and, prison is the right place for him and his supporters. I agree that they do not have a brain cell among them.

Member Achievements

cookyy2k
Posted (edited)

The increasingly polarised political landscape online is heading quickly for the days or brownshirts vs KPD with the police caught in the middle. Both the extremes are becoming swelled in ranks and support by what is essentially propaganda for one side or the other posted on social media. I see this sort of thing on the rise both in Europe and America over the next few years. 

Loads more videos on this post on Facebook 

Edited by cookyy2k

Member Achievements

mike88

The officers were hugely outnumbered there and it looks like any pre planning went out the window. No surprises that Robinsons supporters are still violent scumbags. This is a throwback to the early days of the EDL

Member Achievements

cookyy2k

If you are involved in policing this in any way make sure you have very limited info online. There are already pictures of individual officers along with what is allegedly their name and home address circulating various social media groups. 

Member Achievements

Mac7

You only have to look at the early EDL protest videos to see the mentality of the people who “support” him.

I don’t like seeing a PSU withdrawal. I would have like to see a round sheild advance with batons drawn against the crowd throwing missiles. However, I wasn’t there, don’t know the objectives/what kit they had on or what happened pre and post. Crowds of this nature need strong and firm policing.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Sierra Lima

If one of the officers in the main video had tripped no one would have noticed and we would have had a repeat of the Manchester Glasgow ranger incident (2008?) where an officer got separated and badly assaulted.

That's not how you retreat. I think if the officers  had faced them the idiots wouldn't be so brave. 

And I wouldn't wait for an inspector to tell me to go to code 1. If there are missiles my helmet is going on (that's if they let me put it on my belt in the first place, it's not always the case).

Member Achievements