Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
Mazza

Brexit Discussion

Beaker
4 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

I do not think that you give the Queen enough credit. She is not anyone's fool. Convention is not absolute, you just have to look at the behaviour of Bercow in Parliament any his impartiality for that.

Let's see what your highest court says.

No it isn't absolute in theory, but in practice the ruling monarch can't deviate from the estabilshed process.

As for the court, I fully expect for them to strike down the Scottish ruling. 

Edited by Beaker

Member Achievements

Radman

Can we just get on with this... 

Three years since the referendum.

• Like 3

Member Achievements

Cje.ex999

Brexhausted comes to mind

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Ether

These politicians need some lessons on negotiation, all they have ever done is weaken the bargaining position 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Beaker
15 minutes ago, Ether said:

These politicians need some lessons on negotiation, all they have ever done is weaken the bargaining position 

It will be "The Easiest Deal In History" don't you know.  ;)

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Fedster
14 hours ago, Radman said:

Get on with what exactly?

No deal?

Deal?

Soft Brexit?

Hard Brexit?

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man
14 hours ago, Radman said:

General Election - Vote in a Lib Dem government - Article 50 revoked - we can get on with normal life. The only losers will be the rich especially those who have hedged for a no deal Brexit - one report says to the tune of £8.3B. 

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
7 minutes ago, Fedster said:

No deal?

Deal?

Soft Brexit?

Hard Brexit?

Fulfilling the Referendum by leaving, I will say again the corrupt,  EU. The people voted Leave so just do it.

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Member Achievements

Fedster
3 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

Fulfilling the Referendum by leaving, I will say again the corrupt,  EU. The people voted Leave so just do it.

A soft Brexit = leave. Will you be happy with that?

Many leave voters according to polls are happy with a soft Brexit.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Chief Cheetah
3 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

1 minute ago, Fedster said:

A soft Brexit = leave. Will you be happy with that?

And would that soft Brexit be the same thing that the other 17.4m wanted/envisioned/believed/desired?

This is all no longer about making one half happy and the other half unhappy.  The leave half need many different versions of leaving to make them all happy so it just isn't going to work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man

Some Brexit voters insist that they knew exactly what they were voting for. How does that accord with Andrea Leadsom’s view that the public should not be allowed to see the Yellowhammer reports. Allowing the public to know the base case would scare them. 

Aside from back in June 2016 no one had thought about any scenario, best or worst, how did people know what they were voting for? 

Back to the present though, how insulting that Leadsom and her Brexit cronies considers that us peasants need protecting from being scared about what might happen. 

Small and medium sized businesses are being told to prepare better for Brexit. How can they prepare better if they are not made aware of what they are are preparing for? 

This information is exactly what I was asking for four years ago so I could make an informed decision about whether it was better to remain or leave. 

Bexiteers will cry, ‘project fear!’ But these are the predictions of the Brexit lead Government, not ‘Remoaners’. 

So the reality is, ‘Vote leave.’

’Why, what could happen?’

’Can’t tell you.’

’Why? Don’t you know?’

’Yes, but it’s scarey.’ 

‘Why won’t you tell me?’

’If you knew you wouldn’t want to leave.’ 

Edited by Reasonable Man
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

As long as we Brexit I don't mind, as long as any deal does not tie us in anyway to the EU.  What is not in dispute is that 17.4 million voters voted to Leave. Many of my friends who voted Remain have now changed their minds because they are sick and tired of the stance of the EU and of our Parliamentarians who do not seem to want to listen to the electorate.

Member Achievements

Fedster
15 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

As long as we Brexit I don't mind, as long as any deal does not tie us in anyway to the EU.  What is not in dispute is that 17.4 million voters voted to Leave. Many of my friends who voted Remain have now changed their minds because they are sick and tired of the stance of the EU and of our Parliamentarians who do not seem to want to listen to the electorate.

You do not speak for all 17.4 million leave voters.

Some leave voters are happy to be tied into the EU in some way as long as FoM is stopped. For them ending FoM will be classed as leave.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Reasonable Man
41 minutes ago, Zulu 22 said:

What you want is impossible in the real world. Even with a crash out, hard Brexit the U.K. would immediately seek to do deals with the EU over trade, travel, finances, fishing, security, information exchange etc etc and so will sign agreements tying the U.K. to the EU. 

As much as the Brexidiots think that we will ‘hold all the cards’ and ‘they need us more than we need them’ so in every future negotiations the EU will roll over and give us total control the reality is very wide of that mark. There will be give and take and we will be tied in. Just like we will be tied in to WTO trading deals, that no one voted for. 

Member Achievements

Radman
3 hours ago, Fedster said:

No deal?

Deal?

Soft Brexit?

Hard Brexit?

None of the above was on the ballet paper. 

There was REMAIN and LEAVE. 

Leave won.  Ergo we need to leave. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Member Achievements