Some More Highly Rained Officers

Fedster

Can we stop the childish insults and can back to topic, anymore and this topic will likely be closed.

• Like 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pavillion

• Ether

• Mac7

• Chaos

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to admit, I wouldn't have been nicking them for terrorism. Or searching them for terrorism.  But I would have been investigating the property boundary for the MOD, and finding a resol

This really makes me quite mad.   Two person approach an Army base. Not any army base but one where an active infantry regiment are based. They film the entrance, signage, CCTV, guards, guard roo

Ether
21 hours ago, Beaker said:

Funky is Service Police aren't you? While Mersey and Mac are HO forces. It is just different approaches here, and both can be justified in their operational environments, which are very different.

I'd admittedly be looking to arrest if I was called to this, but I'd likely want a word with the Provost or MPs on site to see what they wanted us to do as well (assume MPs are still responsible for site security in their remit?). All these dudes are doing is trying to get a rise, and they managed it.

Edit, I'd also be curious why MOD Police didn't get involved, it is certainly within their remit.

MOD Police don't get involved unless they operate at that site, the won't just turn up on MOD land to assist, well not unless the HQ are being paid to do so. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see these 2 just wanted an argument, hostile reconnaissance isn't generally carried out in a combative and confrontation manner such as this, it would mean those 2 individuals are 'un-usable' in any attack because they are known to the authorities.  Contrary to popular belief, most terrorists don't want to die and want to escape.  So the chances of them being terror related are low at best. 

The trouble is, its easy for people who are not in the military to be over sensitive about the sites and what they contain. While I agree they should get a priority response, there needs to be a better understanding of how they work.  This is evidenced by using the MOD Police and CNC as an example.  How many people do the MDP and CNC arrest each year in similar circumstances?  I will put my money on not many, why?  Because it happens daily and they know that its almost always nothing dodgy when people take pictures or film. 

I will say this, the Army individual with the white belt and stick is a Regimental Provost, who are just squaddies who deal with discipline in the Regt, they are not police and have no real extra training, his attitude was poor and embarrassing and exasperated the issue and confrontation unnecessarily.  

Lets not pretend that its ok to speak to people like that on first contact, a bit of mutual respect goes a long way in my experience, took me a few years as a young copper to realise that and not get carried away at the little things.  I am a advocate of early arrest when dealing with crime, but not arrest instead of resolution, as police  need to learn to resolve issues better without just resorting to arrest. We are after all, just civilians in a uniform looking after fellow civilians.

So lets not be over critical of the cops here, who knows what the last job was they went to, what the stresses of the day were or how difficult the shift has been.  

Edited by Funkywingnut
Beaker

I know the provost only has authority over the regiment, but I'd still be interested in what he wanted doing. We don't want to alienate them if possible. I might not do what he wants, but I would feel the need to explain why I was doing things. Even if it was at a later point in time.

The reason I ask about MOD police is that even our little local barracks has some based there. I'd have expected a larger infantry barracks to have some stationed there, and their authority certainly covers the geography.

Ether
15 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I know the provost only has authority over the regiment, but I'd still be interested in what he wanted doing. We don't want to alienate them if possible. I might not do what he wants, but I would feel the need to explain why I was doing things. Even if it was at a later point in time.

The reason I ask about MOD police is that even our little local barracks has some based there. I'd have expected a larger infantry barracks to have some stationed there, and their authority certainly covers the geography.

Don't mistake the presence of MOD Police with providing a police function.  For the most part the MDP provide alarmed guarding function, routine policing is relatively low, a few garrisons have MDP beat officers, but most Military camps don't, they are too expensive and ineffective in such limited numbers. You do also find MDP on units where they provide no function to that unit, but are employed elsewhere, or fulfil an unrelated function. 

Point taken on the Provost, but I think he was an aggravating factor, the officers should have asked the non-police personnel too move away. Certainly do when dealing with such things, as you don't know what ill feeling there is before your arrival. Regardless of the rank or position of the military personnel. 

Edited by Funkywingnut