Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
AJ_Crystal16

Difference between PNC subject access and PND local check?

AJ_Crystal16

Hello, 

Could some one please explain the difference between PNC subject access and PND which I believe stands for Police National Database, more of a local check.

I have recently applied and received my PNC subject access, and I was then told if you want to find out what information is held about you on you local police force, you will have to apply through them directly. 

I want to find out what can be held in the system about you that It wouldn’t show on your subject access? 

Is it like each time you been spoken to by the police they made a record of it? 

Or if you have had disagreement with a officer in past about something? Or what exactly does it record?

I have recently applied to become SC and have passed everything so far. I’m currently going through vetting and a bit worried as you would be, as I understand vetting can fail you for a lot of different reasons.

Thanks in advance.

A

Techie1

Both PNC and PND are national systems, not local. 

When you contact your local force, for a subject access request, they will check other systems - systems that that force own. 

For example they will have their own crime, intel and custody systems. Plus incident systems and call records (sometimes known as CRM systems -  basically a log of who called about what). 

Some of what is in the local systems will be fed into national systems - e.g. PNC and PND

PND contains more than just wanted people/vehicle info, warning markers, etc (typical things found in PNC). 

PND contains intelligence and other local information, so it can be viewed by other forces - as criminals cross borders, we have to too!

From the College of Policing: 

"The Police National Database (PND) is available to all police forces and wider criminal justice agencies throughout the United Kingdom, allowing the police service to share local information and intelligence on a national basis. The PND supports delivery of three strategic benefits which are to safeguard children and vulnerable people, to counter terrorism, and to prevent and disrupt serious and organised crime."

http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Learning/Professional-Training/Information-communication-technology/Pages/PND-Police-National-Database.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Member Achievements

AJ_Crystal16
15 minutes ago, Techie1 said:

Both PNC and PND are national systems, not local. 

When you contact your local force, for a subject access request, they will check other systems - systems that that force own. 

For example they will have their own crime, intel and custody systems. Plus incident systems and call records (sometimes known as CRM systems -  basically a log of who called about what). 

Some of what is in the local systems will be fed into national systems - e.g. PNC and PND

PND contains more than just wanted people/vehicle info, warning markers, etc (typical things found in PNC). 

PND contains intelligence and other local information, so it can be viewed by other forces - as criminals cross borders, we have to too!

From the College of Policing: 

"The Police National Database (PND) is available to all police forces and wider criminal justice agencies throughout the United Kingdom, allowing the police service to share local information and intelligence on a national basis. The PND supports delivery of three strategic benefits which are to safeguard children and vulnerable people, to counter terrorism, and to prevent and disrupt serious and organised crime."

http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Learning/Professional-Training/Information-communication-technology/Pages/PND-Police-National-Database.aspx

Thank you so much for explaining this clearly. 

A

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators