Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited
AJ_Crystal16

BTP assessment centre!

AJ_Crystal16

Hi Guys,

So finally I have now received my assessment centre dates which is on the 3rd of March! So nervous..

Any tips please? Is there anything in  particular that I need to focus on? 

Also is anyone else attending on this date? 

Your input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

TheCopman123

Hello Bud!

Congratulations on getting to the assessment centre!!! I remember I was over the moon when I got there

Tips:
I’d say ensure you have a good night sleep the night before and give plenty of travel time,

Assuming you’ve been practicing for it? As preparation is a very key aspect for the assessment centre!

Just seen you’ve had it yesterday, How did you get on?

Member Achievements

AJ_Crystal16

Hello, 

Thank you for the reply.

I have to say it was one of most challenging interviews I have ever had, but at the same time very enjoyable. 

The ability test was different to what I had practiced for and found it a bit hard, but gave it my best shot. 

I passed the interview and fitness test on that day. They took pictures for your warrant card and measured up for your uniform. I was very happy. 

I have had my results for my ability test come through and all passed. I am over the moon. 

I have already booked for my medical check in couple of weeks, and vetting will start soon. If all goes well then I’ll be starting my training end of April so they said.

I really cant wait, It’s been a long challenging process and I’m very pleased with the outcome so far. 

Also I’ve seen a lot of comments about Special Constable interview and exams are different. Well on the my assessment day, I was in the same room as 2 full time PC applicants doing the same ability test, and had our interviews at the same time which made me panic a bit at the time as I thought as a Special Constable you may have a easier exams but no they are all the same. 

Can I ask if you would by any chance know how far they would go in details on the vetting process? I mean if you have friends on FB from school time and some may be known to the police! would that effect your application in any way?  Or is it immediate family members they check for? 

Many Thanks

A

• Like 1

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK. In 2019 the decision was taken to merge all four forums into this main form of www.police.community

Get in touch

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators