Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

dan2694

Accommodation while training

dan2694

Hi guys,

As the current recruitment focus is on B Div, particularly inner London, I'm considering adding London as a choice to speed up my waiting time - it's been nearly a year now. I'm going to have to move regardless, so I don't really mind where, and with C Div pretty much at establishment, it could be a long wait for my current choices still.

I've spoken to HR and they've said that accommodation is not provided for B Div postings and you're expected to relocate yourself in time to commence training. Is there any way around this? I live over 300 miles away from London so commuting from home is obviously out of the question, and I wouldn't be able to afford to live in London until training was finished and I was paid a proper salary.

Has anybody found themselves in a situation similar to this? Is there anyway around it if I explained my circumstances should I receive an offer without accommodation? Or is it going to be a case of either sort it yourself or don't start...

Cheers in advance

Member Achievements

Smithy66

I’m in a similar situation I’m coming from Cardiff, goi g to be staying in Waltham abbey with a friend for a few months, i start in the 19th 

Member Achievements

pete c

Hi

Just joined and looking for advice on the assessment centre, I have been scheduled for 3rd March and really nervous about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

MindTheGap
On 2/6/2018 at 16:07, dan2694 said:

Hi guys,

As the current recruitment focus is on B Div, particularly inner London, I'm considering adding London as a choice to speed up my waiting time - it's been nearly a year now. I'm going to have to move regardless, so I don't really mind where, and with C Div pretty much at establishment, it could be a long wait for my current choices still.

I've spoken to HR and they've said that accommodation is not provided for B Div postings and you're expected to relocate yourself in time to commence training. Is there any way around this? I live over 300 miles away from London so commuting from home is obviously out of the question, and I wouldn't be able to afford to live in London until training was finished and I was paid a proper salary.

Has anybody found themselves in a situation similar to this? Is there anyway around it if I explained my circumstances should I receive an offer without accommodation? Or is it going to be a case of either sort it yourself or don't start...

Cheers in advance

Unfortunately as you've applied for a B div post they cannot provide accommodation, this is policy. The only B div posts that get such accommodation are Southampton (and maybe all the SWQ) as they are so far out.

What you can do is ask for their contact details for Northwick Park or whoever they use now and pay yourself, you will be paid an extra £300 a month London Money on top of your reference salary, so it's not going to be that expensive (think it's about £530 a month)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Member Achievements

Rogue One

Southampton to London is 3 mins longer than Brighton to London and 10 mins longer than Maidstone to London... 

Go figure.

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

I believe their argument is residential passes are valid on the Southeastern High Speed so Maidstone can be done in 53 minutes, Brighton can be done in 1hr 15 but S'ton is just above the 'reasonable commute' of 90 minutes defined in our travel to work SOPs.

Member Achievements

Rogue One

1hr 16m is the fast train from Southampton so not at all. 

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David