Jump to content
Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

metallicazza

Advice required..passed final interview

Recommended Posts

metallicazza

Good Afternoon Guys,

I hope someone on here can help, so I attended a final interview back in November of last year to be told I had passed the final interview but unfortunately couldn't guarantee me an intake as there wasn't enough vacancies. they have advised that should a place open up on the intakes planned for this year or any further intakes my application could be fast tracked to pre employment stages etc. They have advised on keeping my application on hold for a minimum of 12 months, what I want to know is it worth to do so or look to apply for another force if recruitment opens? has anyone had any success with this? and also what is required for my application to be considered? is it people dropping out from intakes or budgets being revealed? and what is the likely hood of something coming up? 

it's quite disheartening to go through a whole process, pass everything and not progress even the website states 'candidates who pass the final interview WILL be given a conditional offer of employment , sounds like a guarantee to me so to say I was surprised when I found this out is an understatement. 

Again I would really appreciate it if any advice can be given on this or offer any help.

thanks guys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements


Mac7

Firstly - well done on passing everything, including the final interview.

Secondly - great forum name. One of my favourite bands. I saw Metallica last year and completely blew me away.

Thirdly - in my opinion there is absolutely no reason why you can’t contact other forces who are recruiting to see if you can transfer. I’m sure they would take you as they would not have incurred any recruitment costs. I very nearly did the same when I joined. The only reason I didn’t is because the force I now work for bought forward my start date.

However, as you may be aware if you’ve followed this forum, things can change very quickly, especially as we head towards the end of the financial year. You could be told one week that they can’t guarantee a start date, and the next be told you are starting in a month.

My advice - there is no issue with putting some calls in to other forces but bear in mind things with your current force could change. In hindsight I’m glad I didn’t transfer.

Another consideration could be to join the specials in the interim.

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

junior_7178

What area are you in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

metallicazza
34 minutes ago, Mac7 said:

Firstly - well done on passing everything, including the final interview.

Secondly - great forum name. One of my favourite bands. I saw Metallica last year and completely blew me away.

Thirdly - in my opinion there is absolutely no reason why you can’t contact other forces who are recruiting to see if you can transfer. I’m sure they would take you as they would not have incurred any recruitment costs. I very nearly did the same when I joined. The only reason I didn’t is because the force I now work for bought forward my start date.

However, as you may be aware if you’ve followed this forum, things can change very quickly, especially as we head towards the end of the financial year. You could be told one week that they can’t guarantee a start date, and the next be told you are starting in a month.

My advice - there is no issue with putting some calls in to other forces but bear in mind things with your current force could change. In hindsight I’m glad I didn’t transfer.

Another consideration could be to join the specials in the interim.

Good luck emoji869.png

Thank you and absolutely, Metallica are my fave band, I saw them last year as well, where did you seem them? I assume this was the hardwired tour?  which force is it you work for if you dont mind me asking? I am really not sure what to do I feel like I could sit around for 12 months not hear anything and then have to start again and wait for a force to recruit so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the minute. I am not sure if the people on hold eventually do get brought through and that's why we are waiting because I imagine I'm not the only one in the same boat.  When you said about transferring do you mean in a position where you could go straight to pre employment checks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

metallicazza
11 minutes ago, junior_7178 said:

What area are you in?

well the force I went with was cheshire, why you ask? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

junior_7178
28 minutes ago, metallicazza said:

well the force I went with was cheshire, why you ask? 

Cheshire are well known for messing their candidates around. Either last year or 2016 they pulled a whole intake and told people who had passed everything that their jobs were being withdrawn, then opened recruitment less than 12 months later and told them they would all have to start again.

Why don't you apply to GMP? They are recruiting like mad at the moment and it takes about 6 months from application to start date (vetting dependant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

metallicazza
Just now, junior_7178 said:

Cheshire are well known for messing their candidates around. Either last year or 2016 they pulled a whole intake and told people who had passed everything that their jobs were being withdrawn, then opened recruitment less than 12 months later and told them they would all have to start again.

Why don't you apply to GMP? They are recruiting like mad at the moment and it takes about 6 months from application to start date (vetting dependant).

GMP are recruiting? I have been on the website and cant appear to find anything in relation to recruitment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

junior_7178
1 minute ago, metallicazza said:

GMP are recruiting? I have been on the website and cant appear to find anything in relation to recruitment? 

They don't advertise. Email recruitment and ask for an 'Expression of Interest form'. Fill that in and send it back to them and when they next open recruitment (every 10 weeks) they will email you a link to an online application form.

i applied on May 1st last year and i was told I'd 'passed' recruitment in mid-September. On 7th October i was emailed an unconditional offer with a start date of January 2nd just gone. 

Very swift process and i know of some people who applied with me on May 1st and actually started training on 9th October. The only thing that slowed it down for me was my vetting taking 7 weeks.

If you have an in-date A/C score you can transfer that over too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

metallicazza
7 minutes ago, junior_7178 said:

They don't advertise. Email recruitment and ask for an 'Expression of Interest form'. Fill that in and send it back to them and when they next open recruitment (every 10 weeks) they will email you a link to an online application form.

i applied on May 1st last year and i was told I'd 'passed' recruitment in mid-September. On 7th October i was emailed an unconditional offer with a start date of January 2nd just gone. 

Very swift process and i know of some people who applied with me on May 1st and actually started training on 9th October. The only thing that slowed it down for me was my vetting taking 7 weeks.

If you have an in-date A/C score you can transfer that over too.

Well I never knew that, I will do that thank you, and I do have an in date AC score to, I assume I would go through to a final interview? or would they be able to take my passed interview with another force? should I mention I currently have a current A/C score and passed a final interview? or is it a simple case of just asking for a form? 

Edited by metallicazza
add further questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

chillybob

Hi, glad to see that I’m not the only one in the same position, although, I was in 2016/2017 recruitment and should have started training either January or March 2017, however recruitment closed and have since re-applied in September last year, after passing both A/C and interview to be put in the same position as I was last year is disheartening, however after reading the comments on here, it has given me some confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

metallicazza
4 minutes ago, chillybob said:

Hi, glad to see that I’m not the only one in the same position, although, I was in 2016/2017 recruitment and should have started training either January or March 2017, however recruitment closed and have since re-applied in September last year, after passing both A/C and interview to be put in the same position as I was last year is disheartening, however after reading the comments on here, it has given me some confidence.

did you apply for Cheshire as well?  yeah its really disheartening because you dont know if something is going to come up or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

chillybob
did you apply for Cheshire as well?  yeah its really disheartening because you dont know if something is going to come up or not.


Yes, Cheshire both times, did apply to Staffordshire in between, but guess it’s just a waiting game. As said before more information may come to light when the new financial year starts.

Last time, I was given a conditional offer, and passed vetting, fitness etc, and only fell short of my final offer because the vacancy was withdrawn, this time however it looks like they’re holding us back until the funding is guaranteed.

I’m not sure whether February and March intakes have already received conditional offers though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements


metallicazza
3 minutes ago, chillybob said:

 


Yes, Cheshire both times, did apply to Staffordshire in between, but guess it’s just a waiting game. As said before more information may come to light when the new financial year starts.

Last time, I was given a conditional offer, and passed vetting, fitness etc, and only fell short of my final offer because the vacancy was withdrawn, this time however it looks like they’re holding us back until the funding is guaranteed.

I’m not sure whether February and March intakes have already received conditional offers though?

 

really? I cant believe you got to pretty much awaiting a start date and that happened, maybe that's why they haven't done the same this time, as far as I am aware when I spoke with resourcing they said February was full and march they were waiting on a few people or something, problem is will they get enough funds to take us through come April? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

chillybob
really? I cant believe you got to pretty much awaiting a start date and that happened, maybe that's why they haven't done the same this time, as far as I am aware when I spoke with resourcing they said February was full and march they were waiting on a few people or something, problem is will they get enough funds to take us through come April? 


It’s somewhat frustrating, I’ve learned not to hold my breath until the final offer comes through. I was hoping for March this time, but the way the ‘on hold’ email was written as if we’re more of a reserve if someone drops out.

We’ll have to wait and see the result of the budget consultation, I’ve read a story that says it could be a case of 80 officers being lost.

Stick to the day job for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements

junior_7178

If you transfer an A/C score across to GMP i THINK you would have to complete a telephone interview still (normally pre-AC) and then you would skip the AC day and go straight to final interview. 

If you passed everything for cheshire i can't see you having a problem with GMP. Both telephone interview and Final Interview are just 4 "can you give me an example of a time when you have...?" type questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member Achievements


About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

  • 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

    Meet The Team

  • Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David
    David Global Moderators
  • Fedster
    Fedster Global Moderators
  • Devil
    Devil Global Moderators
  • MindTheGap
    MindTheGap Global Moderators
  • blakey
    blakey Global Moderators
  • Techie1
    Techie1 Global Moderators
  • Sir Penguin
    Sir Penguin Global Moderators
  • PCW
    PCW Global Moderators
  • Hoofing
    Hoofing Global Moderators
  • XA84
    XA84 Global Moderators
  • Remmy
    Remmy Global Moderators
  • job_done
    job_done Global Moderators
  • Sapor62
    Sapor62 Global Moderators
×