Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Eebs

Greetings, it's been a while since any posts and I've posted;

To start it simply, has or is anyone applying or thinking of applying for the 2018 year? I'm aware the last application stage began November 2017, is anyone in for the January assessment centres?

Any other news, many new recruits or specials around?

Member Achievements

Ashby

They're landing so fast now! Plenty coming through the door, it's nice to see. Hopefully with time it'll start to relieve some of the pressure on the teams.

Member Achievements

Eebs
On 14/01/2018 at 23:01, Ashby said:

They're landing so fast now! Plenty coming through the door, it's nice to see. Hopefully with time it'll start to relieve some of the pressure on the teams.

Indeed it is a good thing! However as was pointed out by a few of my colleagues and I myself noticed is, while were getting more officers, we aren't getting any more vehicles! 

I love being a special but unfortunately after 3 years, foot patrol in winter can get a little old! (Took me 3 years to get my basic driving nearly!?) 

Edited by Eebs

Member Achievements

Ashby
On 16/01/2018 at 22:09, Eebs said:

Indeed it is a good thing! However as was pointed out by a few of my colleagues and I myself noticed is, while were getting more officers, we aren't getting any more vehicles! 

I love being a special but unfortunately after 3 years, foot patrol in winter can get a little old! (Took me 3 years to get my basic driving nearly!?) 

I can barely ever get a vehicle as a regular neither! Not to mention toughbooks ?

Member Achievements

Eebs
On 18/01/2018 at 20:52, Ashby said:

I can barely ever get a vehicle as a regular neither! Not to mention toughbooks ?

A toughbook, what's one of those?? only ever seen a few in rural nicks when majority of teams (PCSOs) are on holiday! I've still rarely even used connect and such I do like the old paperwork style? masses attending assessment centres the previous two weeks and weeks ahead for Humberside!

Member Achievements

Prae

There’s more newbies than old timers these days! I’m starting to feel old myself. I haven’t seen a Special for months either.

Member Achievements

Ashby

@Prae Come back to Grimsby. We could use some experience ?

Member Achievements

Prae
[mention=748]Prae[/mention] Come back to Grimsby. We could use some experience

Funny you should mention it, that’s exactly what’s just happened!

Member Achievements

Ashby
1 hour ago, Prae said:

Funny you should mention it, that’s exactly what’s just happened! emoji19.png

What team? ?

Member Achievements

Eebs

Are you no longer on the interview team?! :( I was going to pop you an email and ask if there's any way we could shadow a shift for something different, I'm one of the only active specials in my station and there's hardly any left in general, dutysheet is dead:/

Member Achievements

Prae

I won’t be posting the exact team here but it’s not hard to figure out who the new DS is!

Nope I’m not in PPT any longer, I passed my board and got shipped back to Grimsby. I do know that you’ll still be welcome to work with PPT at any time and if you send me an email I’ll forward it to the DS’s there to get you in the door. They’re a great bunch and I know you’ll be looked after.

Member Achievements

Ashby
On 21/01/2018 at 22:58, Prae said:

I won’t be posting the exact team here but it’s not hard to figure out who the new DS is!

Nope I’m not in PPT any longer, I passed my board and got shipped back to Grimsby. I do know that you’ll still be welcome to work with PPT at any time and if you send me an email I’ll forward it to the DS’s there to get you in the door. They’re a great bunch and I know you’ll be looked after.

Well done! 

Member Achievements

Eebs

Ill have to drop you an email when I get some free time to do some shifts to get a shift there, I always wondered how other departments (I've only done some communities mainly response) and what happens behind the scenes ☺

Sat my assessment for the regulars last week, second attempt round after 2 years and passed, final interview tips please ?

Member Achievements

Prae
Ill have to drop you an email when I get some free time to do some shifts to get a shift there, I always wondered how other departments (I've only done some communities mainly response) and what happens behind the scenes

Sat my assessment for the regulars last week, second attempt round after 2 years and passed, final interview tips please

Congrats, be yourself and I’m sure everything will fall into place.

I would encourage all SC’s to go and have a look at PPT. It’s invaluable seeing how a good or bad handover can affect the outcome of a job or ruin someone’s day!

I also don’t see why with a bit of coaching you couldn’t be dealing with prisoners yourself.

Member Achievements

Eebs
49 minutes ago, Prae said:

Congrats, be yourself and I’m sure everything will fall into place.

I would encourage all SC’s to go and have a look at PPT. It’s invaluable seeing how a good or bad handover can affect the outcome of a job or ruin someone’s day! emoji23.png

I also don’t see why with a bit of coaching you couldn’t be dealing with prisoners yourself.

Thankies ?

I have always wondered what happens when we handed over, and how they go I do love sitting in on interviews! I've seen a few horrible handovers in my time i can imagine the IO Or detective wouldn't of been too please ?? 

I've never understood why we haven't been taught more of it no Bobby has ever talked us through it, it's always been something "we don't need to know", I always feel bad doing a handover because why shouldn't we deal with it if we've made the arrest ect, I'll always go out and do my own statements ect anyway (as all specials should really)

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David