Best iOS Apps Available

Chief Bakes

• Management

We all have different wants needs and expectations when it comes to our smart phones, some people cannot stand them.

What I thought would be useful would be to start a thread on the best iOS Apps for Apple devices that you find most useful. They can be anything, great games, practical, informative etc.

The only rules for replying her at that you post the name of the app and provide some information about what it does and how you use it. No one or two word responses please. Let's keep it as informative as we can for everybody.

I don't know how useful it would be when it comes to real policing, I'm sure it could be used as a quick reference before booking someone into custody. But iPlod has a lot of offences, mnemonics, and other bits and pieces that have came in handy as a quick reference when doing some of my CKP assignments. Gives you all the definitions of words and points to prove for offences.

I hate the FB app so use Friendly isn't perfect but million times better and has landscape function. Give it a try. 

BBC News app also good self explanatory 

Flesk - iOS Keyboard, I use it as I use a weird keyboard layout called Dvorak. Very customisable but takes a little while to get used to the spell check.

HoursTracker - clockin/clockout for work, work tend to not pay the right amount on pay day and its good to see how much I earn each day. Good way of keeping a track of all your hours.

Vert - converter. It converts so much; from weight to data transfer speeds, to different regions bra cup sizes... Not that I need that specific feature...

Edited by Webley
  • Like 1

Was going to ask you about the hours tracker one you mentioned a while ago.  

I've got the following.

BBC News - Don't really need to explain it.

Highway Code - Same as above (paid)

iPlod - Police app, think I paid for it.  Don't really use it though.

Pocket Sergeant - As above, paid for it again and very good.  Lots of information on there about pretty much everything.

Halifax/Lloyds/Tesco Bank - Mobile banking app, saves logging in online.  

Paypal - As above

eBay - No words needed

Tesco Finder - See how far you are from a Tesco store, also tells you were items are in the store.  Very useful.

Clubcard - Don't have to worry about keeping a clubcard on you, can use your phone.

SkyGo - Watch Sky on your phone

Sky+ - Control your sky box via your phone, more useful to wind people up.

Games I have a fair few.

Cut the Rope - Hard to explain, passes the time though.

Bridge builder - Make a bridge and hope it holds the passing traffic.

Candy Crush - Horrible game, causes much stress.

Perfect Pour - Pour a pint of beer as quickly as possible without spilling any.

2048 - Get from 2 to 2048 by multiplying two blocks together (blocks start as 2 and 2, move and it becomes 4, move two 4s together it becomes 8 etc)

Stupid Zombie - Kill zombies, similar to Angry Birds.

Goat Simulator - Pretend to be a goat.  Enough said.

Goat sim is on mobile!? Far OUT!

I like the app where you press a button and the Police turn up...

I like the app I haven't invented yet where you..(as above) 

:D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well there many great iOS apps around depending on what you need them for really so i going list ones i have and rate them

BBC iPlayer - 5/5 very useful if like watch on demand items.

Deezer - 4/5 this app like Spotify allows you steam music but unlike Spotify little more updated and also has classic songs.

ITV Player 4/5 again another app allows you watch on demand items has few bugs.

TV Anywhere - 5/5 This is for my Virgin Media Tivo system i can recoded item from any location so never miss a movie or tv program.

Wuali.tv - 4/5 This is new app have allows you buy or rent movies or tv programs so far its not bad.

Now TV - 5/5 I like this app because i found has more updated movies to watch unlike Netflix or Lovefilm (Amazon Prime)

Epson iPrint - 5/5 wow this is great app allow me to print and scan using my own Epson printer i used this few times.

myMail - 5/5 Its so much better then standard email software that shipped with Apple iOS, it allow me have lost great email company's in one place.

Skype - 5/5 Its great if you Skype to Skype as its free and i know was cheap if wanted ring someone in Spain as my dad used it few times speak to friend.

Hangouts - 5/5 This is Google version of Skype was called Google Talk found useful when my dad was on his travels on cruise.

I will update on few more shortly. 

ShowCase (needs Jailbreak) - actually makes the keyboard visibly change between upper and lower case, amazing!

Poof! (needs Jailbreak) - lets you remove apps/icons you don't like from the home screen.

Edited by Lone Wolf

ShowCase (needs Jailbreak) - actually makes the keyboard visibly change between upper and lower case, amazing!

Poof! (needs Jailbreak) - lets you remove apps/icons you don't like from the home screen.

I was  a big Jailbreaking fan until I realised my banking apps won't work with it :(

I've never jailbroken/rooted a phone/tablet. I don't like the stock apps which I can't get rid of though.

And as you say, I now wouldn't be able to use the banking apps.

As for iOS apps, my iPad is mostly used for browsing (normally via Chrome) so I haven't got many apps on it.

Those I do use include

TV Guide

Various catchup e.g. iPlayer, Netflix, Now TV etc (although mostly control them from my Android phone these days)

Dominos pizza app is good too although bad for my wallet!

I also had the Guardian's eye witness (daily photos) although that has now ended.

I was  a big Jailbreaking fan until I realised my banking apps won't work with it :(

I've got two banking apps that work fine with Jailbreak for iOS 8.1 on Iphone 4S.

Sky Go doesn't work though :(