Account Notice
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Your Account Is Currently Limited

Disable-Adblock.png

We have detected that your browser is using AdBlock

Police Community is a not for profit organisation and advertising revenue is key to our continued viability.

Please disable your AdBlocker on our site in order to continue using it.
This message will disappear once AdBlock has been disabled.

Thank you for your support - we appreciate it !

If you feel you are getting this message in error please email support@policecommunity.co.uk

Hyper0307

September/ October Recruitment

Hyper0307

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the current Police Officer openings ( September/ October 2017) in Northumbria?

I have completed the first stage which was some basic details and recieved an email back inviting me to go to an engagement event within the next two weeks. Has anyone had experience of these events within this force that could shed some light on it for me?

Also this is probably a daft question but can anyone set out the way the recruitment process works from that initial registration all the way through till a solid job offer providing your successful at all stages? I've been doing non stop research since I applied and although I've got a fair idea what lies in store I'm still not certain on what is required when etc?

Thanks in advance guys :) 

Serious Chris

Hey. 

I've applied for the Police Constable recruitment with Northumbria this year, yes. 

The Engagement Event is a new stage to the recruitment process which wasn't included last year. I did contact HR to try and get more information from them about what it would include, but they just regurgitated what was already available on the website. I imagine it is just a chance to introduce yourself and ask questions you may have directly to the recruitment team, serving officers etc. 

The recruitment process is a long one and can take anywhere from 6-12 months (even 12-24 months in some cases but I haven't heard of this ever happen at Northumbria). Last year there was a pre-application document available which gave more information on each stage. It appears that it has been taken down from the Northumbria Police website now (possibly due to it being outdated with relation to the additional recruitment stages introduced this year) but I did download it last year, which I've attached to this post, if you're still interested in having a read - just bare in mind that it won't include the newly introduced stages.

I hope this helps you out a little mate.

Police Officer Recruitment Pre-application Document 2016.doc

Edited by Serious Chris
Added the outdated pre-app document

Member Achievements

Hyper0307

Thanks Chris, that's what I was thinking, it is a good step to meet, ask questions and have a chat with the right people. 

Such a long process but I'm just going to take each step as it comes and try to be as ready as I can. Trying to absorb as much information as possible along the way!

Good luck for the process mate! 

Liamsdad71
On 01/10/2017 at 14:09, Hyper0307 said:

Such a long process but I'm just going to take each step as it comes and try to be as ready as I can. Trying to absorb as much information as possible along the way!

Good luck for the process mate! 

How far into the process are you now Hyper?

Member Achievements

Hyper0307

Through to the teamwork event now! Was just reading your post about what to expect there :) 

• Like 1

Liamsdad71
Through to the teamwork event now! Was just reading your post about what to expect there  

How did you get on at the team assessment? Was it what you expected?

Member Achievements

Hyper0307

Team assessment went well, through to SEARCH now! ? What about you? 

I’m not sure what I expected I was so nervous but it kind of did what I thought it would. Total baby step into what SEARCH will be like but any steps a useful one right?? 

• Like 1

Liamsdad71
Team assessment went well, through to SEARCH now! What about you? 
I’m not sure what I expected I was so nervous but it kind of did what I thought it would. Total baby step into what SEARCH will be like but any steps a useful one right?? 

Yes, also made it through. Wasn’t as bad as I thought. As it’s so new it was a step into the unknown, at least the SEARCH has plenty of info and tips floating around.

Got my pre briefing on Monday so hopefully get a date soon after.

Member Achievements

Hyper0307

Same here! Already got lots of info so ready to get some more and crack on! 

TangoSeirra17

Hi guys,

I also applied at the same time and did my SEARCH assessment in January. Have you guys heard anything yet?

Hyper0307
21 minutes ago, TangoSeirra17 said:

Hi guys,

I also applied at the same time and did my SEARCH assessment in January. Have you guys heard anything yet?

Nope! Just waiting and refreshing emails on the hour every hour ? haha! Hopefully we get something soon! 

• Haha 1

TangoSeirra17

Tell me about it! Every bloody morning! :lol:

TangoSeirra17
23 minutes ago, Hyper0307 said:

Nope! Just waiting and refreshing emails on the hour every hour ? haha! Hopefully we get something soon! 

Liamsdad71

Someone has contacted HR and they were hopefully going to get the results back by today! We will see......

Member Achievements

Liamsdad71

How are you getting on now? Did you pass AC?

Member Achievements

Paid Membership Required

There are 3 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David