Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
The Undertaker

Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

The Undertaker

A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.

One person has been arrested following the incident on Seven Sisters Road in Finsbury Park.

Officers were called at 12.20 BST and are at the scene with other emergency services, the Metropolitan Police said.

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We have sent a number of resources to an incident in Seven Sisters Road."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

Member Achievements

The Undertaker

Being labelled as a terrorist attack by the DM and various commentators on Twitter.

So depressing the amount of death and destruction lately.

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal

It's a really shocking development if white people are now carrying out 'revenge terror' attacks on Muslims.

If this happened, then it may give the confidence to others to follow suit.

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby

I think it only right that this is managed this way. Crazy world at the moment. Just watched an interview of a you man outside the mosque claiming the police have treated this differently and being very critical because they are Muslims. Not convinced by his argument at all. Counter terrorism command taking the lead. The police have monitored and taken action against far right extremists for many years.

Member Achievements

Techie1

I think it was more the news rather than the police response.

Some of the early Twitter posts, from newspapers, were written in a way that would give rise to the above comments.

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal

By all accounts, those involved in detaining the terrorist showed great restraint.

I suspect that the terrorist wanted to get attacked by an angry mob, as he shouted that he 'wanted to kill Muslims' and he said he 'wanted to be killed'. They didn't play into his hands and they didn't fuel the circle of hate.

I hope that this can be used as an example to typify British Muslims for what they really are: people who were administering first aid to an elderly man, whom showed remarkable restraint when they became victims of a terrorist attack during a period of religious significance and whom showed restraint when detaining an evil man who committed a horrific act.

If I came across a terrorist I would be bashing the stuffing out of him until the police rocked up. Those involved are better people than what I am. Let's hope that they can be recognised for their British values.

• Like 3

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby

No he was making a real deal of it playing the victimization card to the full.

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby

I agree with your sentiments entirely Parochial Yokal, which makes the statement from the young Muslim seem senseless, spreading discord when there shouldn't be any. The police were on the scene within one minute. I think the community response given the horrific attack was incredibly restrained and a credit to their faith.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal
I think the community response given the horrific attack was incredibly restrained and a credit to their faith.

And a credit to their British values.

Those Muslims who acted with dignity and restraint were true Brits. The scumbag terrorist wasn't.

A hashtag emerged following a knife attack in Leytonstone of #youaintnomuslimbruv In this circumstance, I think it's only appropriate to say
#youaintnoBritbruv
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

The Undertaker

Some of the comments on Twitter and other social media about this terrorist attack are pure filth, absolutely disgusting, the blatant Islamophobia that is on display by it seems hundreds of people does not bode well, some of the comments are so extreme that i could not possibly repeat them here. The DM comment section is full of Islamophobia where such comments have been liked hundreds of times. I really hope these comments don't represent the majority of society, it has been known for comments sections/twitter feeds to be hijacked by pressure groups/right wing groups/ governments, so i am hoping this is the case here.

I also think people like Tommy Robinson/ Katie Hopkins needs to be challenged about their blatant Islamophobia on their respective social media feeds, Hopkins just a couple of weeks was saying   "I know west mid officers who say Birmingham mosque is a no go zone." she claimed a serving officer told her this, these claims have been strenuously denied by West Midlands Police. But the damage appears to be done with social media commentators whipping up hate against Muslims.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

The Undertaker

Also a big thanks and huge respect to the all the police officers who are dealing with all these major incidents that we have had recently, no doubt the demand is massive, and i dread to think what it is doing for the well being of officers, i have been following the police community twitter feed  and other police feeds, and some of the comments in light of this attack just further emphasize how stretched the police really are,and how the police cuts are influencing everyday policing.  

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Chief Bakes

Finsbury Park attack suspect named

• 19 June 2017
  • From the section UK
p056c9y7.jpg
Media playback is unsupported on your device
Media captionFootage shows the suspected attacker being tackled to the ground before the police arrive

The man arrested on suspicion of carrying out the Finsbury Park terror attack is 47-year-old Darren Osborne from Cardiff, the BBC understands.

He was held after a van hit Muslims who had been attending evening prayers at a north London mosque.

They had been helping a man who had collapsed. He later died but it is not clear if it was because of the attack.

Mr Osborne was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and later further arrested over alleged terror offences.

Police are carrying out searches at an address in the Cardiff area.

View the full article

Member Achievements

HobnobGTi

Typical fake news in the media including someone who Sky News are STILL quoting who said the police didnt bother turning up in an hour and let someone bleed to death and refused to classify it as a terrorist incident. In fact police were on scene within seconds and it was called as CT within 8 minutes!

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby
21 minutes ago, HobnobGTi said:

Typical fake news in the media including someone who Sky News are STILL quoting who said the police didnt bother turning up in an hour and let someone bleed to death and refused to classify it as a terrorist incident. In fact police were on scene within seconds and it was called as CT within

This was the interview I heard in full. Of course there is no news to report when the police turn up within a minute and do their job in support of a community whose leaders did a brilliant job too. Not when there is someone present to distort the truth and add anti-police rhetoric to the mix to juice up the report. Apparently fake news is the job of Fox news in the US, a Trump supporting channel, a stable mate of Sky and both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Member Achievements

The Undertaker
50 minutes ago, Cathedral Bobby said:

This was the interview I heard in full. Of course there is no news to report when the police turn up within a minute and do their job in support of a community whose leaders did a brilliant job too. Not when there is someone present to distort the truth and add anti-police rhetoric to the mix to juice up the report. Apparently fake news is the job of Fox news in the US, a Trump supporting channel, a stable mate of Sky and both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Seeing as you mention  Donald Trump it reminds me when the terror attacks happened in London and Manchester he tweeted within minutes he posted messages like;

" We need to be smart, vigilant and tough. We need the courts to give us back our rights. We need the Travel Ban as an extra level of safety! "

" We must stop being politically correct and get down to the business of security for our people. If we don't get smart it will only get worse "

Why has he not tweeted about this terror attack? Seeing as he has tweeted about every other recently?  His silence speaks volumes and shows what kind of man he really is.

As for the claims that the police and ambulance took over an hour to reach the casualties, i think most of what we hear from the witnesses is hearsay,second hand info, the media are seeking out info desperately, and sadly misinformation is likely to happen.

Edited by The Undertaker

Member Achievements

There are 3 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David