Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David

Boots on the ground - footwear advice

emc2405

Thank you! I will definitely phone Altberg direct and ask for their advice. I'm a size 7 shoe but I have reasonably narrow feet so I guess it will depend on what they think. Not taking my Altberg's to Tulli is really good advice, thanks for the tip! I'm not sure on my exact posting location yet, somewhere in Aberdeen which is mixed urban/rural, and why I was going for an all-rounder. 

Jeebs
4 hours ago, Mazza said:

One recommendation is that you don’t take your Altbergs to Tulli because you’ll be made to bull them and you should never bull an Altberg unless you want to ruin them. I personally bought some second hand Magnums for college, which now serve as backup boots for if the Altbergs get wet/otherwise engaged.

Very good point actually! Don’t bull Alt-Bergs or any operational boot for that matter.

I have an old set of the old old army Pro boots for dress, which are bulled to a mirror finish. If you can find some of those or stretch to a set of Dr Martens for the police college you’ll be on to a winner.

Mazza
Thank you! I will definitely phone Altberg direct and ask for their advice. I'm a size 7 shoe but I have reasonably narrow feet so I guess it will depend on what they think. Not taking my Altberg's to Tulli is really good advice, thanks for the tip! I'm not sure on my exact posting location yet, somewhere in Aberdeen which is mixed urban/rural, and why I was going for an all-rounder. 

If you’re going to Aberdeen then get yourself to Craigdon Mountain Sports and try on their civvy Altbergs. I have narrow feet and I took a pair of regular width boots because you will need thick socks in winter. If you’re working city you won’t need waterproofs but if you’re working Shire you might, best to see where your sub div posting is first.

Mazza
Very good point actually! Don’t bull Alt-Bergs or any operational boot for that matter.
I have an old set of the old old army Pro boots for dress, which are bulled to a mirror finish. If you can find some of those or stretch to a set of Dr Martens for the police college you’ll be on to a winner.

I actually have Altbergs for operational, magnums for spare, and dress shoes for parade.

Murtaugh

It can depend on your force guidelines.

I know with Merseyside they quite strict and say that they must be plain black with the plain eyelets, and not the metal loop ones so that narrows down the options. However, once officers complete their initial training at the academy anything really goes as long as they're black.

I use Altberg Sneakers, but for training I've got a pair of my old black army boots. They get a decent shine on them for for parades and court.

I've been having a second thought on the Altberg Sneakers. I find them quite heavy in foot chases so looking for something more light-weight. 

XA84

I realise that this is an old thread now but hands down 100% Alberg. They are the best boot I've ever worn, they are comfortable and supporting. 

Plus if you advise them you work for the police you get discount. 

(on a seperate note I have moved this thread to 'tacklebery' as it's more apt)

MajorDisaster

If anyone wants a pair of Altberg Peacekeeper P1 Aquas in size 11.5 - worn for a handful of shifts then message me - cost £20 plus £10  postage.  They are too small for me.

Hoofing

I have Altberg Peacekeeper P1s and have done for the last few years. In this time they’ve survived several trips in the sea and a great deal of being battered around. I would definitely recommend them. 

sierragolf95

Currently trying to get a new pair of boots. I used to have Lowa Mountain boots but after 2 years or so I began to have issues, not sure whether to go for their patrol boots or the Altberg peacekeepers. Probably should've made the hard choice months ago before buying bates boots. They're incredibly light but falling apart after only 8 months😒

Mazza
Currently trying to get a new pair of boots. I used to have Lowa Mountain boots but after 2 years or so I began to have issues, not sure whether to go for their patrol boots or the Altberg peacekeepers. Probably should've made the hard choice months ago before buying bates boots. They're incredibly light but falling apart after only 8 months[emoji19]

Are you working up in custody in Scotland?

I personally like the Altberg Sneekers as they’re light but robust.

HomerS

I've just bought a pair of Altberg P1'S, after having worn out a pair of Magnums in 3 months....... So far so good with the Altbergs, still breaking them in but very comfortable and supportive, and seem very well made. I paid £109 direct from Altberg with the police discount. 

Murtaugh

Hi everybody,

I am looking to purchase a second pair of boots/shoes solely for the purpose of parades and court.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a parade boot/shoe?

Thank you, 

M

PilgrimTV
On 26/05/2019 at 16:53, MajorDisaster said:

If anyone wants a pair of Altberg Peacekeeper P1 Aquas in size 11.5 - worn for a handful of shifts then message me - cost £20 plus £10  postage.  They are too small for me.

Long shot, but do you still have these for sale? 

Many thanks

MajorDisaster
On 12/01/2020 at 17:30, PilgrimTV said:

Long shot, but do you still have these for sale? 

Many thanks

Sorry, gone

skydiver

I've got a pair of Bates which I hate and only bought because a Super didn't like my Lowas when I was brand new in the  job.  My Lowas did sterling service but the soles eventually fell apart but I'm going back on response soon so I'm going to reserrect them using this company http://emergencyservicesbootrepairs.co.uk/police-daily-boots/ and get them resoled.