• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klaus

• Jeebs

• Mazza

• Milankovitch

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a pair of P1s, Warrior Microlite and Field and Fell Microlite. Don't feel the P1 is a great boot for rural use and I needed winter boots. I much prefer the Warrior Microlite to the P1s to be

I'd get a pair of formal shoes for that sort of thing if you can afford it but unless the force you are joining says you have to then might not be worth it.

Posted Images

I've been struggling to decide what to purchase as I need a set of boots for when I receive my uniform at the end of this month. In the past I've had a couple of pairs of magnums, both of which fell apart within 6 months, so I shan't be buying cheap stuff or them again! For the last 18 months I've been on a pair of Dr Marten Trent boots which have been fantastic but are now coming to the end of their life.

I'm now thinking it'll probably be the Altberg Peacemaker P1 Originals I go for. I've discounted the goretex version, as I'm going to be in an exclusively urban environment (Croydon), so I'd rather take the enhanced breathability of the normal version and have my feet cool, rather than potentially overheating with the goretex lining. If I was in a county force where the chance of me going into fields was higher, I'd probably go for the Goretex version.

Any thoughts? The other option is the Lowa Combats (again, the normal version, not the GTX version).

I also hear Altberg do a police discount. Anybody know how I go about getting that?

Edited by Klaus_ZD

I've been struggling to decide what to purchase as I need a set of boots for when I receive my uniform at the end of this month. In the past I've had a couple of pairs of magnums, both of which fell apart within 6 months, so I shan't be buying cheap stuff or them again! For the last 18 months I've been on a pair of Dr Marten Trent boots which have been fantastic but are now coming to the end of their life.

I'm now thinking it'll probably be the Altberg Peacemaker P1 Originals I go for. I've discounted the goretex version, as I'm going to be in an exclusively urban environment (Croydon), so I'd rather take the enhanced breathability of the normal version and have my feet cool, rather than potentially overheating with the goretex lining. If I was in a county force where the chance of me going into fields was higher, I'd probably go for the Goretex version.

Any thoughts? The other option is the Lowa Combats (again, the normal version, not the GTX version).

I also hear Altberg do a police discount. Anybody know how I go about getting that?

I just got my altbergs peacekeeper p1's two days ago, I phoned them and since they didn't have my size in stock it took them about a week to make them.

They phoned me, took payment that day and I actually had them the next day! Were £140 but when I phoned them they knocked it down to £101! Think postage was £8 or £9 and they done me a big tub of ledergris for £2. They need a wee bit of breaking in but are so comfy and you can tell that they should last!

Response Cop

I swear by my Altbergs P1's. They are the best boots I've had. I went to the Altberg factory to get my boots fitted. Fantastic service and a good price on production of your warrant card.

DonJuan999mk2

As a Special good boots are essential.

My choice are Adidas GSG9s.

Pros

Lightweight

Waterproof

Extremely comfortable

Cons

Cost

Durability (if you wear these non stop expect 1-2 yrs)

More trainer like than formal shoe or boot

I have a pair of Danners. Felt like a slipper from day one except the time I didn't do them up properly for a NTE foot patrol and got a blister...

Gladstoneboots LTD

The Adidas GSG9 is made as a 'mission specific' boot it is a light weight boot that was originally conceived after the Iranian Embassy seige, requested by the SAS,  it was for the most part a boxing boot with a custom sole, it has now evolved into what we see as the 2nd generation boot - ideal for occasional use but not built with enough under foot padding to be used everyday or as a high mileage boot.

Just my 2 cents :)

• Like 3

We get issued altbergs, I don't know anyone who has complained about them!

Comfy from day one too :)

Milankovitch

I have Altberg P1s and my only complaint is I find the sole a bit lacking in grip. This seems to be a common complaint about their skywalk soles.

I've got a Responder RF/1 boot with a zip: quite good price vs quality relationship I feel.

• Like 2
Growley

I have a set of Haix boots. I haven't tried Altbergs, but they're comfortable, waterproof and light as anything, I swear by them.

They are however a bit costly.

Mikeh2000

I had a pair of Danners, lasted eight years, and the only reason I got rid of them was because I couldn't get them resoled.

Altberg P3's for me, they are the most comfortable footwear, they don't look stupid and they meet all the public order standards of my issued boot that i'm not allowed to wear on patrol. 

They also come up clean and shiny after a quick rub.

• David + locked and unlocked this topic
  • David + pinned this topic