Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
H-H

Working with others competency

H-H

Hi guys and girls!

Just coming up with some examples ready for the assessment centre and just looking at the Working with Others competency. I've got my standard taking one for the team example ready from back when the competency was team working, but they seem a lot more fluid than they used to be! On the below points;

·      Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding, expressing own views positively and constructively. 

·     Persuades people by stressing the benefits of a particular approach, keeps them informed of progress and manages their expectations.

·      Is courteous, polite and considerate, showing empathy and compassion.

·      Deals with people as individuals and addresses their specific needs and concerns.

I know no one can go into detail, but am I more likely to get the standard team working questions, or is it worth preparing something to cover these points? I want to make sure I'm covered but at the same time don't want to prepare too much remember too little!

Cheers,

A

Edited by H-H

Member Achievements

XA84

Remember what I said in the previous post they don't necessarily have bo be Police based, you don't want to confuse the hell out of some assessor because they don't have a clue what you're on about. 

You really need to have a think about your past career, look at what you've done in various roles. How about something through your time as a special like assisting another member of staff or speaking with a colleague who needs training and you're helping them.

I'm not sure if you have done a SEARCH before but when it comes to the interview the doesn't look at your or give any facial expressions just going from question to question, you need to be prepared. 

You need to have a good strong think! I'm sure there is something in your professional career that you can recall upon. 

Member Achievements

H-H
Remember what I said in the previous post they don't necessarily have bo be Police based, you don't want to confuse the hell out of some assessor because they don't have a clue what you're on about. 
You really need to have a think about your past career, look at what you've done in various roles. How about something through your time as a special like assisting another member of staff or speaking with a colleague who needs training and you're helping them.
I'm not sure if you have done a SEARCH before but when it comes to the interview the doesn't look at your or give any facial expressions just going from question to question, you need to be prepared. 
You need to have a good strong think! I'm sure there is something in your professional career that you can recall upon. 

Cheers XA, I owe you one! I already have an eg for that competency from my home life and the one I kinda had in mind for the above was from my job at the moment, I'm just trying to think of what I need to cover but I guess if i have that in mind already I can summon something up on the day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David