Three Swedish Female Officers Struggle To Control Male

Chaos
That's not what has disgusted me, what has disgusted me is the fact that the officer (female or not) used completely unnecessary violence on the man to remove him from the situation. If he wants to put himself in harm's way then it is entirely his own decision and responsibility.
Mmm....ok.... It's a good job we don't use consider a reasonable person by your standards....

You know what... I'm just going to let others correct you.... I'm spent... [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MPotter

• Ether

• Beaker

• bensonby

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@MPotter I highly doubt you would be any use anyway, you’d probably be too busy shouting abuse or trying to catch the best filming angle.

Quick get them trained in PST in the UK    

The bystander wasn't going over the top at all. I'm always happy for any help rendered.

1 hour ago, Funkywingnut said:

I wonder who you would call when you are faced with violence or trouble.  In fact in some of your videos you ask the police to help you. 

The Police, just as I would call them if I saw anyone else getting attacked. This includes a Police officer.

MerseyLLB

'The officer didn't use unacceptable force to remove the bystander...

But her actions were unwise and left her two crewmates up poo creek. 

As I said at the time, the bystander was the only one who had any effect on the chap and moving him away allowed the male to escape again, cause more damage and put the public and officers at risk again.

I hope she reflected on this and will risk assess better next time.

45 minutes ago, MerseyLLB said:

'The officer didn't use unacceptable force to remove the bystander...

But her actions were unwise and left her two crewmates up poo creek. 

As I said at the time, the bystander was the only one who had any effect on the chap and moving him away allowed the male to escape again, cause more damage and put the public and officers at risk again.

I hope she reflected on this and will risk assess better next time.

Hypothetically speaking had the use of force by the officer been justified then it would not have been "unacceptable" or unreasonable. However I believe that her use of force was unacceptable because it was completely unjustified and unprovoked. All that happened was that the bystander tried to restrain the man only to be assaulted by the officer. What justification did the officer have to do that?

If I saw an officer being attacked then I would fear for my safety because of the risks presented by the officer in addition to that presented by their colleagues.

sierragolf95

These things happen. Not the first time I've seen police officers (Male and female) struggling to restrain someone. I have been at work myself when either myself or police officers were struggling to restrain someone, while in this situation it's clear who the guy was helping out, other times it really isn't and under normal circumstances I wouldn't want any members of the public getting close while I'm rolling around the floor with someone. On a day to day basis I'll help them if needed, hang about so that they can get my details then GTFO in case he has friends hanging around. If I'm at work I'll help restrain then stick to keeping the bystanders back. I'll only do it if it looks like someone is going to get seriously hurt, mainly because of the risk to myself from the suspect, the officers and the bystanders as well as the fact the officers have enough to worry about without an unidentified member of the public getting involved, in work is one thing but out of work I'll avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

bensonby

I must say I was very grateful when I was rolling around on the floor by myself with a bloke twice the size of me who was off his face and a member of the public stepped in and helped me until backup arrived.

1 minute ago, bensonby said:

I must say I was very grateful when I was rolling around on the floor by myself with a bloke twice the size of me who was off his face and a member of the public stepped in and helped me until backup arrived.

I don't blame you one bit. What did your colleagues do when they turned up?

bensonby
2 hours ago, MPotter said:

I don't blame you one bit. What did your colleagues do when they turned up?

Put some leg restraints on the suspect and helped lift him into their van. 

Radman

Having in the past often been the only cop on duty for miles relying on my county colleagues for urgent assistsnce I've had staff assist me in lock ups a fair few times - always appreciated it and see it as a corner stone of our style of policing.