Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Remmy

Police shoot dogs after man and woman bitten in Bolton

Remmy

Police have shot dead two pitbull-type dogs after a man and woman were bitten.

Armed officers were deployed to Queen's Park in Chorley New Road, Bolton, at 10:20 GMT on Sunday after reports that six dogs were dangerously out of control.

A 60-year-old woman had been bitten on the hand and a man was bitten on the leg, Greater Manchester Police said.

A man, 38, was arrested on suspicion of affray and allowing a dog to be dangerously out of control in public.

Officers are searching the area for another dog which is believed to be part of the group.

Two dogs "were humanely destroyed and two dogs have been seized", police said.

Another dog was seriously injured, they said.

Supt Chris Allsop said: "Highly trained officers responded quickly to the scene and took control to avoid the situation from escalating."

Salisbury Street and Deane Road, which were closed in the area, have now reopened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-39472005

Sorry couldn't link the video for some reason. 

Member Achievements

The Undertaker

Here is the full video;

• Like 1

Member Achievements

junior_7178

I've against my better judgement made a comment on the GMP Facebook post about this incident, speaking up in support of the armed officer/officers who have had to make a difficult split second decision to carry out an act that (i would expect) live with them for the rest of their lives. 

I'm absolutely staggered at the negativity and vitiol directed at the police regarding this incident when I'm sure at the centre of every decision made today was the necessity to protect the public.

• Like 4

Member Achievements

David

Short memories you see. Just over a week ago everyone was thanking the police for being there. It would have been an excellent time for the media to get behind the police and support them more than they have been doing; let's hope the press point out why the police did what they did to the dog and not join in the criticism themselves.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

Why should any member of the public show animosity towards the Police.  They were not responsible for the dogs, which appeared to be from a banned breed, and were dangerous and uncontrolled. They were running amok in a public park and attacking members of the public.  The officers acted responsibly in the cause of public safety. It is not as if they shot a Cow which had been confined to a penned area.

It is not the first time that dangerous, uncontrolled dogs have been shot by Police.

Member Achievements

Jeebs

Less outcry if they had shot a person. Pathetic.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

PC Wannabe

I blame the pillock of an owner, some people are simply too unintelligent to ever be allowed to keep pets of any kind, including a goldfish. I feel sorry for the officers having to do that, they just need to remind themselves that they had no choice, its the owner to blame, not them.

• Like 2

Member Achievements

obsidian_eclipse

Most towns should in my opinion have a public protection orders in place requiring dogs to be on a leash. No end of issues could be solved by ensuring there is adequate control over a dog.

Part of me would like to see dog licensing brought back or even on a wider scope 'pet' licenses. There are many people who have had animals confiscated who then go on to buy more.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Member Achievements