Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
junior_7178

GMP Recruitment

junior_7178

Simple question i hope.

Does anyone know if GMP are going to recruit for regulars this year, and if so does anyone know when that is likely to be?

I've emailed 3 different Constabularies asking about PC recruitment this year and 2 got back to me very quickly with a 'No", but GMP haven't answered despite me trying 3 different email addresses. 

Member Achievements

SD
1 hour ago, junior_7178 said:

Simple question i hope.

Does anyone know if GMP are going to recruit for regulars this year, and if so does anyone know when that is likely to be?

I've emailed 3 different Constabularies asking about PC recruitment this year and 2 got back to me very quickly with a 'No", but GMP haven't answered despite me trying 3 different email addresses. 

Yes, 100 every 10 weeks for 4 years. Though it alternates between internal and external. 

Member Achievements

NCFPA
Yes, 100 every 10 weeks for 4 years. Though it alternates between internal and external. 

That just shows how dangerously short GMP are!

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

junior_7178
30 minutes ago, SD said:

I have seen that elsewhere this afternoon, but just thought there was absolutely no way on earth that could be true. Looks like it might be GMP for me then, stand by for questions...

Member Achievements

SD
1 hour ago, NCFPA said:

That just shows how dangerously short GMP are!

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

That's not to increase numbers. It's to replace those we're loosing. 

Member Achievements

Rocket

It's the same all over the UK,  there was a recruitment drive in  the 80's and the lack of recruitment from then on is  now coming home to roost.

Member Achievements

junior_7178
36 minutes ago, SD said:

That's not to increase numbers. It's to replace those we're loosing. 

As you seem to by ITK, rather than me be that annoying newbie that starts loads of threads may i pick your brains a little?

If you apply to GMP what is the process for choosing/requesting where you would work and at what point would you be asked or request your chosen area? I live in the M6 corridor in Cheshire and ideally would like Hale/Altrincham or anywhere on this south side of Manchester. Could i request that or could i realistically end up in Wigan or Bolton?

Member Achievements

SD

You get to choose your 1st 2nd and 3rd preference for division and as far as I know everyone got the 1st one they requested. However, each division has more than one station which you don't get to choose. That said in theory you can be placed anywhere at anytime. 

Edited by SD
Grammar

Member Achievements

NatNatC

I didn't get my first request, I got my 4th. You have to be prepared to go anywhere based on the demand at that time. I was a bit shocked as I was led to believe I would get my first or second choice but ultimately I want to do the job so 4th is good enough for me but some who didn't get their first choice have complained so choose wisely ;)

Sent from my E5823 using the Police Community App

SD
53 minutes ago, NatNatC said:

I didn't get my first request, I got my 4th. You have to be prepared to go anywhere based on the demand at that time. I was a bit shocked as I was led to believe I would get my first or second choice but ultimately I want to do the job so 4th is good enough for me but some who didn't get their first choice have complained so choose wisely ;)

Then raise it with recruitment and they're likely to move you to where you want to go. Though they look where you live and the distance as well as where you want to go. 

Member Achievements

junior_7178
46 minutes ago, SD said:

Then raise it with recruitment and they're likely to move you to where you want to go. Though they look where you live and the distance as well as where you want to go. 

I believe there are 12 Divisions. Each of those 12 divisions has a number of individual locations under its umbrella. Are all those individual locations police stations that you could be based at? For example, when selecting the area you wish to work in, would you select 3 different divisions as 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice, or could you choose a division and then select your choices from the police stations within that division?

Member Achievements

SD

No. just the division. So if you chose the City of Manchester division hoping to get Wythenshaw you could get HQ which is miles away and 40 mins away in rush hour.

Member Achievements

junior_7178
4 minutes ago, SD said:

No. just the division. So if you chose the City of Manchester division hoping to get Wythenshaw you could get HQ which is miles away and 40 mins away in rush hour.

Thanks very much. I've spent the evening studying the map and i could realistically commute to Salford, Wigan, City of Manchester and Trafford divisions within 45 mins, but this could rise if i was unlucky enough to be stationed in the northern part of those divisions.

Anyway, i haven't even applied yet so it's all immaterial. I'll be checking the website every day to to see if recruitment has opened.

Member Achievements

NatNatC

I'm happy so need to raise it, ultimately doing the Job outweighs location for me but everyone's priorities were different when picking for example when I have discussed the others why they selected their options some was due to location and travel time and some were due to the type of area it was and levels of crime etc..
Just wanted to point out we don't always get first choice.

SD
11 hours ago, junior_7178 said:

Thanks very much. I've spent the evening studying the map and i could realistically commute to Salford, Wigan, City of Manchester and Trafford divisions within 45 mins, but this could rise if i was unlucky enough to be stationed in the northern part of those divisions.

Anyway, i haven't even applied yet so it's all immaterial. I'll be checking the website every day to to see if recruitment has opened.

Don't look at the website, ring up and just ask for a form. 

Member Achievements

Paid Membership Required

There are 2 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David