Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mod4246

New PC Intake 24th April

42 posts in this topic

After completing my CKP & receiving my start date two weeks ago I have just had a call from vetting to say it's now cleared. I was just wondering if anyone is in the similar boat & also scheduled for this start date?

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Have your references been sent out yet ? Not on this intake but in a semi similar position but doing internal CKP on 10 April and training 30 May.

3 hours ago, cjackson93 said:

Have your references been sent out yet ? Not on this intake but in a semi similar position but doing internal CKP on 10 April and training 30 May.

Wow... that's a long time to do the CKP.... nearly 2 months!?!

Member Achievements

Wow... that's a long time to do the CKP.... nearly 2 months!?!

10 April to 26 May so 7 weeks then start the following Monday:). I think the 7 weeks is normal for internal CKP

17 minutes ago, cjackson93 said:

10 April to 26 May so 7 weeks then start the following Monday:). I think the 7 weeks is normal for internal CKP

That followed by 12 weeks training... you'll be desperate to be out of the classroom by the time you get to Borough!

Do you guys know where you have been posted?

Member Achievements

That followed by 12 weeks training... you'll be desperate to be out of the classroom by the time you get to Borough!
Do you guys know where you have been posted?

Have absolutely no idea. Don't even have a CKP or training location

I had an email saying once vetting has been completed then references will be sent out soon and when. I told them vetting has been done they said look out for the CC'd email. That's why I opted not to do internal, apparently not many people they know who are going through vetting have completed the CKP and i couldn't do 7 weeks internal followed by training.

BCU & FDC are all confirmed a week before your start date so few more weeks until I find out.

I know the first two days are at Hendon and then depends on where you're posted for FDC I'm 10 minutes away from Richmond so I hope I'm not posted to Sidcup for FDC.

Sent from my iPhone

2 hours ago, Mod4246 said:

BCU & FDC are all confirmed a week before your start date so few more weeks until I find out.

I know the first two days are at Hendon and then depends on where you're posted for FDC I'm 10 minutes away from Richmond so I hope I'm not posted to Sidcup for FDC.

In the Met, the correct term is (B)OCU or BOCU at the moment, BCU is a county thing unless you're on one of the BCU trial Boroughs.

I'm not sure what FDC is?

Member Achievements

Sounds like a slam dunk for either Hendon or Sidcup to me....

1 person likes this

Member Achievements

Sounds like a slam dunk for either Hendon or Sidcup to me....

Would be interesting from where I live considering I don't drive and trains don't run at that time..time will tell I'm sure. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone

In the Met, the correct term is (B)OCU or BOCU at the moment, BCU is a county thing unless you're on one of the BCU trial Boroughs.
I'm not sure what FDC is?

So sorry, I was just reading it from the email from HR. According to the email it stands for Foundation Delivery Centre.

Sent from my iPhone

So sorry, I was just reading it from the email from HR. According to the email it stands for Foundation Delivery Centre.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes I can see it is BOCU. Thank you for the correction.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted (edited)

No need to be sorry buddy.... Typical Met, introduce an acronym where we didn't need one and which nobody knows.

Foundation Delivery Centre sounds like  a DHL or Parcel Force building. Who comes up with this stuff?!

Edited by Policey_Man

Member Achievements

I'm not too sure, in the guards we were taught not to use acronyms so it's going to take some getting used to I think it'll be a while before I start pronouncing sergeant properly, to me it's (sar'nt). But you're certainly right there, including the salute too I believe that will be another muscle memory I'll have to get out of doing.

You've proper made me panic about sidcup now! Literally have no clue as to how I'll manage to get there for 06:45 every morning

Sent from my iPhone

Oh don't worry, we don't salute at all apart from during your pass out parade.

I'd try not to worry too much about training locations, etc, because there's nothing you can do about it now until you're told.

I would just caution you though, you do need to be able to get to and from your BOCU at all times of the day and night. So, if you live out in the sticks or don't have good transport options, I would start thinking about your options and how you're going to deal with that in the long run.

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0